Gulf Coast Writers Association, Inc. is organizing a Fabula Short Story Contest which is sponsored by the website pressfabula.com. All the individuals who are 18 years old or above can take part in the contest. There is no entry limit per person. You need to submit a short story on any of the topics relating to any genre. Since they are inclined towards Literary Fiction, Poesque tale of horror, an enchanting work on historical fiction, or even light science fiction will be welcomed. Hard science fiction, fantasy, young adult or chick lit won’t work though. The entry amount of $10 has to be paid er entry. The condition of submission is your piece should be original and should not be published anywhere before the announcement of winners which will be on or around October 15, 2015. The last date to submit your stories is July 31, 2021.
The winners will be awarded impressive prize money. The 1st position holder will be rewarded with $500, the 2nd position with $250 and the 3rd with an amount of $150. All the other authors whose stories will be selected for publications will be provided with an honorarium of $75. This is a great chance to present your writing skills to the world. You’ll have to submit a story in about 2000-6000 words in any genre you are flexible with. No specific rules being imposed. Getting published in the short story contest anthology is a big win in itself. You may get a boost in your career through this contest. The chance should not be missed. All the best!
Gulf Coast Writers Association is a forum for fellowship, education, and information for writers in the community. The association was founded in 1995 and incorporated in 2004. They aim to promote writer welfare and spirit by encouraging members and others to pursue writing for pure joy or for compensation, whichever purpose better gratifies the individual. The Association have group membership with the Alliance for the Arts and Arts of the Inland organizations.
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Organization||Gulf Coast Writers Association|
|Educational Level||Individuals above 18 years|
|Amount||$500, $250, $150, $75|
|Number of Awards||3|
|Application Deadline||July 31, 2021|
|Requirements||A short story|
Who May be Eligible?
All the candidates who are 18 years old or above are eligible to submit their stories. There is no limit on entry per person. But the participants will have to pay the entry fee of $10 per entry. Also, more submissions do not increase the chances of winning.
How to Apply?
To participate in the contest, the candidates must have to submit a short story satisfying the following criteria:
- Stories must be written in English, original and unpublished up to the time of declaration of winner which in on or about October 15, 2021.
- Stories should be double-spaced, in a readable font, font size 12, word limit being 2000-6000. Longer stories of exceptional merit may be considered at the discretion of judges.
- Pseudonyms not permitted.
- No changes allowed once the stories are submitted.
- All payments will be through Pay pal
- Entrants must retain the copyright of the story.
- Submissions should be made through Duosuma Submissions Manager tool on website
- Flexible with the genre. Hard science fiction, fantasy, young adult or chick lit won’t work though.
- Do not mention your personal details such as name, contact details, etc. in your submission. It should only comprise of the title and the story.
All the authors selected for publication in the short story contest anthology will be paid an honorarium of $75. Moreover, the top three winners will be rewarded in the following manner:
- First position- US $500
- Second position- US $250
- Third position- US $150
The submissions will be open from May 1, 2021, to July 31, 2021. All the entries received after the deadline will be considered invalid.