The DeKalb County Community Foundation is accepting applications for its Scholarship Programs. The awards are introduced to financially assist students who are in need of funds for the accomplishment of their studies.
The U.S students attended and graduated from a DeKalb County High School are eligible. The applicants who demonstrate activity in public and civic affairs or participation in public school or community activities are also invited.
The DeKalb County Community Foundation is a nonprofit foundation. It improves the quality of life in DeKalb County through endowments & donor services, stewardship, grantmaking, and community initiatives.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible, the students must be following the entire eligibility criteria:
Spinoso Masters Scholarship
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Was a resident of DeKalb County, IL
- Must have attended and graduated from a DeKalb County High School
- Must be enrolled/accepted at a post-undergraduate institution while working toward a degree in any field of study
- Must have a minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must have demonstrated activity in public and civic affairs including a voting record or participation in public school or community activities and organizations
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a need for scholarship assistance
How to Apply
The applicants are asked to enter electronically through creating an account or Logging in to get considered for both the scholarship programs.
- Upload an unofficial or official transcript of courses of undergraduate study
- Upload evidence of acceptance/enrollment from a qualified institution to the intended program
- Upload a resume
The DeKalb County Community Foundation Scholarships will reward the scholars with the below awards:
- Renaissance Scholarship provides a $1,000 initial scholarship renewable for up to three years
- Spinoso Masters Scholarship offers a scholarship for up to $10,000 to a deserving student to cover tuition costs of post-undergraduate or masters studies
The application deadline for both programs is 28th June 2020.