If you are a resident of D.C. and your child is of 5years or older, this opportunity is definitely for someone like you! The Serving Our Children is pleased to assist your children through the Dc Opportunity Scholarship Program, where the scholarship is specially designed to focus on school-going students from elementary school till high school in any school in D.C. The organization is looking forward to providing affordable education to all the students from D.C., where every individual receives an opportunity to receive elementary education and increase the children’s interest in academics. The scholarship is divided into two groups, where the $9,161 reward is for elementary and middle school and $13,742 for high school.
Serving Our Children aims to make education accessible for the students who are having financial difficulties and whose parents are facing the burden of the finances for their child. They believe every young student has the equal right to receive education and design their future to receive better living for them and their parents. The mission of Serving Our Children is to assist the students from their young age and eliminate the barrier between students and their education.
Serving Our Children was founded by various board members who intended to provide better educational opportunities for young students. Serving Our Children has been taking the initiative for many years to help the students receive the best education for their future development. The organization is working wholeheartedly to provide a promising future to the students and the parents striving to provide the best educational facility to their children.
Go to the table below for more information about the scholarships:
|Organization||Serving Our Children|
|Educational Level||K-12 students|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
Who May Be Eligible
Please go through the checklist below for being eligible for the respected scholarship:
- The candidate must be a permanent U.S. resident and a D.C. citizen.
- The student must need financial assistance.
- The fellow should provide the complete application.
- The applicant must be either an elementary, high school or middle school student.
- The fellow must be having excellent academic standing.
- The candidate should be involved in community service and extracurricular activities.
- The student must be five years or older, entering kindergarten through 12th grade for the upcoming school year.
How to Apply
The student must provide the complete application, along with the mandatory documents. The submission should be made via the online process without getting delayed. The candidate should provide the complete information asked in the application.
Kindly ensure to provide the submission before the deadline, as the late submission will directly be rejected.
Few mandatory documents:
- The fellow should provide the complete application
- The fellow should provide proof of residence
- The student should provide evidence of involvement
- The student should demonstrate the need for financial assistance
- The fellow should give the age proof
This scholarship will for sure lessen the load of the expenses of the students. The amount should not be used for expenses not other than paying the freight of the students’ costs like fees, books, and other requirements. These scholarships inspire students to accomplish their goals overcoming all barriers. The application process for this scholarship is straightforward. This scholarship will build confidence in the students.
They are currently accepting the application, so begin your process soon to be the one to receive this opportunity.