Arts education holds immense value as well as a different approach to life. Students in the arts always search for some financial support. If you are a graduating senior in Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Leon, Madison, Robertson, and Washington counties, then this is what you must be looking for. The Arts Council is excitingly inviting students to apply for their worthy College Arts Scholarships. Fellows should be a candidate will attend an accredited college or university with a course of study in the arts, culture or heritage fields to be eligible.
The Arts Council desires to reduce the load of the expenses on the students with these scholarships. The council is mainly focusing on the growth of Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Leon, Madison, Robertson, and Washington counties with these scholarships by reducing the load of the expenses on the students. The council is aware of the student’s life and wants to motivate them to inspire them to achieve their goals. The council has created grants to reduce the load on students.
The Arts Council of Brazos Valley was founded in 1971 and is a non-profit organization by a group of visionary local arts individuals with the aim of establishing a leadership role in organizing local arts advocacy efforts and fostering a real community for the arts. The council is working for the continuous growth of the region and many striving for the students who are from the arts field.
Expand the table given here for more information about the scholarships:
|Organization||Arts Council of Brazos Valley|
|Educational Level||High school senior, college or university students|
|Subjects||Arts, culture or heritage fields|
|Number of Awards||6|
|Application Deadline||March 19, 2021|
|Requirement||Application, work sample, LoR|
Who May Be Eligible
Take a look at the requirements you need to stand on mandatorily to be eligible for this program:
- Graduating seniors in Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Leon, Madison, Robertson, and Washington counties are eligible.
- Fellows should be a candidate will attend an accredited college or university with a course of study in the arts, culture or heritage fields to be eligible.
How to Apply
Students who are eligible can apply for the scholarship by using the application available on the website. Fill the data in the application without any negligence. Do not submit the applications after the deadline as those will not be considered for awards. Applicants should submit all the materials with the application. Incomplete submissions will be rejected. Submit everything to Arts Council of Brazos Valley
4180 Highway 6 S
College Station, Texas, 77845.
- At least three samples of your work (can include photography, digital art, film, painting, video of performing arts, sculpture, ceramics, writing, poetry, recorded music, etc.), or other supporting materials you think may be helpful in reviewing your application should be provided.
- At least one and up to three letters of recommendation from teachers is mandatory.
Scholarships being offered have varying benefits. Some of the benefits are here:
- One (1) scholarship of $5,200.00 for the Netta Jackson Simek Emerging Artist Scholarship.
- Five (5) scholarships of $3,000.00 for the College Arts Scholarship.
Applications will close on March 19, 2021. No late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted for awards.