Are you interested in a water-related field of study? If yes, then you have good news. The Illinois Water Environment Association is offering the Clean Water Scholarship for the students desiring to obtain careers working with the water environment. The students attending an accredited Illinois college or universities are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
The purpose of introducing the Clean Water Scholarship is to support students in completing their higher education. The IWEA Clean Water Scholarship is devised to help students prepare for careers working with the water environment. The scholarship aims to grant financial benefits to the students to help them obtain their desired career in Water-related Studies and achieve success.
The Illinois Water Environment Association is an association of dedicated professionals working to advance our water environment’s fundamental knowledge. The mission is to enhance and protect the Illinois Water Environment through education and collaboration. The members of IWEA are engineers, scientists, plant operators, and students working at wastewater treatment plants, builders of water treatment equipment, and engineering firms.
The given table shall provide additional details of the scholarship to the entrant:
|Organization||Illinois Water Environment Association|
|Educational Level||College or University students|
|Number of Awards||2|
|Application Deadline||January 31, 2021|
|Requirement||Essay, Transcripts, Resume|
Who May be Eligible?
To be considered or the Clean Water Scholarship, the candidates must comply with the eligibility criteria-
- The candidate must be an Illinois resident.
- The candidate must be attending an accredited Illinois college or university.
- The candidate must have completed at least two years of undergraduate education at the award time. Graduate students are also encouraged to apply.
- The candidate must have a cumulative college GPA of at least 2.5.
- The candidate must be a full-time student enrolled in a water-related field of civil or environmental engineering, environmental science, or wastewater systems operation.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Clean Water Scholarship, the applicant must apply an online application. The applicant must fill in the scholarship application form adequately, and all the supporting documents must be attached without any negligence. Further, the application should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via US Postal service to Illinois Water Environment Association P.O. Box 337 West Chicago, IL 60186-0337 Attn: Ms Laurie Frieders.
- Essay of 500 words, describing a water environment-related class project, research project, internship experience, or work experience included with your career goals.
- Recommendation Letter
The Clean Water Scholarship will grant $1000 as an award to the two recipients. The recipients will be able to achieve the degree of water-related studies with the help of the scholarship. The beneficiary will cover up the cost of the educational expenses with the given financial assistance.
The application deadline for The Clean Water Scholarship is January 31, 2021. Submissions received past the deadline will not be evaluated.