Take your learning journey further with Christopher Newport University’s Merit Scholarships. In an effort to assist students in reaching their goals and advancing their career that they have always dreamt about, Christopher Newport University has established outstanding merit-based scholarships. These scholarships will be awarded to high achieving students who have made accomplishments while in high school. The university has seven wonderful merit awards for well-deserving students. To be considered for these programs, recipients must book their place first in any eligible undergraduate course at Christopher Newport University.
The award amount varies from scholarship to scholarship. Along with monetary support, these funding programs will provide other perks, including study abroad opportunity. With the limited wage growth and the rising cost of higher education, it has become more challenging for students to pursue a degree at a leading institution after completing high school. Having limited financial recourses on hand is the main reason why students are deprived of getting a higher education. With these wonderful scholarships, the university aims not only to acknowledge students’ efforts but to remove all the obstacles that might be preventing them from acquiring university experience. These scholarships can help students achieve success in their career, and instil them a desire to giving back to society.
Christopher Newport University is a leading student-centred institution dedicated to producing good citizens and leaders since 1960. It provides a wonderful curriculum which is based on liberal arts and sciences and recognized as the strongest core curriculum of any public college or university in America by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni. At this institution, students are prepared to lead, serve and engage. The university has numerous educational and cultural opportunities that benefit students and help them grow. CNU focuses on providing excellent teaching, the right support, personal attention in small classes and the best facilities to meet the need of its students.
Table of Contents
Please have a closer look at this given table in which you can find quick information about award amount, deadline and others:
|Organization||Christopher Newport University|
|Number of Awards||7|
Who May Be Eligible?
Eligibility requirements vary from one scholarship to another. Though there are some basic requirements given below that must be met:
- Applicants should be high-achieving students with a good academic record;
- Entrants must be enrolling in an undergraduate course at Christopher Newport University.
How to Apply
First of all, to secure a place in these programs, candidates need to be successfully admitted in an undergraduate course at Christopher Newport University by the admission deadline. Some of these programs require candidates to apply via the common application or coalition application and submit the supplemental essay while others are offered automatically to candidates.
For some of these scholarships, candidates will have to submit the supplemental essay with their application form.
Christopher Newport University has currently seven amazing merit scholarships. Please check out the award amount of these scholarships:
- President’s Leadership Scholar Program – Renewable $1,000 – $10,000 residential scholarship, plus a study abroad scholarship
- Honors Program Scholarship – Renewable $5,000 – $10,000 residential scholarship, plus a study abroad scholarship.
- Riverside Medical Group Scholarship – $2,500 scholarship freshman year, renewable increase to $5,000 annually sophomore through senior year
- Canon Virginia Leadership Scholarships – Renewable $5,000 scholarship
- Ferguson Enterprises Performing Arts Scholarships – $2,500 or $5,000 renewable scholarship
- Bonner Service Scholars Program – $1,200 annual stipend, plus $1,175 if
- Computer Science and Engineering Scholarship – Renewable $2,500 – $5,000 scholarship
The application deadline varies from one scholarship to another. However, all candidates are required to send their application before or on the deadline. Early applications are encouraged.