The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is inviting the applicants for its International Affairs Fellowship Program organized for the year 2020. The participants who are willing to apply for the program must be U.S. citizens with a demonstrated commitment to a career in foreign policy.
The award aims to maintain the gap between the study and the making of U.S. foreign policy by creating the future generation of scholar-practitioners. The students are provided with a unique chance to gain a different perspective at a pivotal moment in their careers and also earn funds for their educational expenses.
The Council on Foreign Relations was built in 1921, It is a United States nonprofit think tank which specializes in U.S. foreign policy and international affairs. It is headquartered in New York City, with an additional office in Washington, D.C.
Who May Be Eligible?
To know the eligibility of the award, applicants must read the following:
- All applicants must be U.S. citizens
- Students must be mid-career professionals
- Aspirants must possess a strong record of professional achievement
- Participants must have a firm grounding in or a demonstrated commitment to the field in foreign policy
- While a PhD. is not a requirement, applicants must hold at least a bachelor’s degree
How to Apply
Applicants who are eligible for the program can submit their required correspondence with the application electronically through an online scholarship form to get considered for the award amount. Students are asked to mention some necessary information such as their first and last names with the email in the form.
The winner will receive the following:
- The duration of the fellowship is twelve months, preferably beginning in September.
- The program awards a stipend of $105,000.
- Fellows are considered independent contractors rather than employees of CFR and are not eligible for employment benefits, including health insurance.
Successful candidates who meet the program’s eligibility requirements can apply online between July 1 and October 31 on an annual basis.