Do you usually get good compliments for your art talent? Have you ever desired to become a famous artist and make outstanding contributions in this area once you graduate? Well, if you agree with any of these two statements, then we would like to introduce you to a fantastic art contest brought by Carolina Beach. Carolina Beach Centennial Celebration Logo Art Contest seems to be the right chance for you to exhibit and bring that hidden art talent out. All Artists with ties to Carolina Beach are welcome to submit designs for consideration.
The key motive of the logo art design is to assist in celebrating 100 years of Carolina Beach and celebrate the town’s rich culture and traditions while looking forward to its future. This contest is meant to honor the past and present of Carolina Beach and to inspire its continued growth and prosperity into the next century. All the received entries for this contest will be judged blindly by the CB Centennial Committee. At the end of the review, judges will choose two overall winners and eight additional finalists whose works will be featured in Carolina Beach Town and will get to be a part of the town’s permanent art collection. All entries will become the property of the organization once they are submitted. All participants will have to leave their all rights to all artwork upon submission.
The First Prize winner will get a $250 award donated by the Island Arts and Culture Alliance. The winner will be awarded a check and two tickets to a ticketed Centennial Event. The youth award winner will receive a $50 Award. On the other hand, all finalists will receive one access to a ticketed Centennial sponsored event.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Contest Deadline||October 30, 2021|
Who is Eligible?
All Artists with ties to Carolina Beach (lived, worked, stayed, or played in CB) are welcome to submit designs for consideration.
How to Apply?
Candidates will have to fill out an application form that can be accessed by clicking here. Entrants can send their entry via mail to Carolina Beach Centennial Celebration Logo Art Contest c/o Parks & Recreation 1121 N. Lake Park Drive Carolina Beach, NC 28428.
The following guidelines need to be followed by participants:
- Artists may submit unlimited pieces of original art.
- All artworks must be labeled with TITLE and ARTIST’S NAME and contact information on the back of the work.
- All art must be no bigger than 8×10.
- Submissions should be mounted on foam core.
- Design should be easily reproduced in black and white as well as in color for t-shirts and posters.
- An explanation and inspiration of the artwork must be included with the artwork.
- Entry forms will be available at Town Hall, TipTop Frames, Island Gazette, the Parks and Recreation Center.
- No entries will be considered unless accompanied by the Artist Release form.
- Adult entries will not be returned.
- Youth entries will be available for pick up at the Parks & Rec Center at a future date.
Award will be distributed as fellow:
- First Prize: $250 Award donated by the Island Arts and Culture Alliance. The winner will be awarded a check and two tickets to a ticketed Centennial Event.
- Youth Award (12 and under): $50 Award donated by the Island Arts and Culture Alliance.
- Finalists: All finalists will receive one ticket to a ticketed Centennial sponsored event.
Aspirants are invited to send their entry on or before October 30, 2021. Late entry will not be entertained.