Are you from Florida and studying in a public college or university there? Here is a vast opportunity to complete your education without any worries and through the many scholarship programs. Wayne Hasson Legacy is looking forward to providing optimum education to undergraduate freshmen for their better future. They provide this scholarship to deserving students who are in financial need and need support to complete their education. They are a step ahead by giving funds to students providing them with a quality life. Wayne Hasson Legacy is taking an excellent move to complete the student’s wish who is unable to do higher education due to financial problems.
This scholarship’s primary purpose is to create a program for an academically worthy and needy student to pursue an ocean science/conservation/education four-year degree. Inspiring students to be good stewards of the oceans was the core of Captain Wayne Hasson’s life-long work, and through this program, his purpose will continue. The main deal for this scholarship is to support deserving students and help them financially.
The Sea of Change Foundation and Florida Prepaid College Foundation is offering a 4-year, undergraduate scholarship of $25,000 to an incoming freshman at any public college or university in the State of Florida. The scholarship is initiated in Captain Wayne Hasson’s loving memory and his legacy of marine conservation and academic for the youth of Florida and the world. The scholarship will fund one worthy scholar for four academic years of tuition coverage at Florida college or university with a marine science department or program. This program is a small initiative to illuminate poverty and let the students achieve their goals.
Please enrol in the table given below for more and quick information about the scholarship:
|Organization||Wayne Hasson Legacy|
|Educational Level||High school|
|Subjects||Ocean science, conservation, education|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Application Deadline||June 15, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Please check the needs to make you eligible for this scholarship:
- All fellows should be a Florida state resident and have attended grades 9 -12 in Florida;
- The candidate must be a current student enrolled in high school or within one year after graduating from high school and should be a Florida resident.
- The students must have maintained an overall GPA of 2.7 or higher throughout high school;
- The fellow must commit to enrol in one of the following programs of study;
- Biology with a marine emphasis
- Environmental Studies or Sciences.
- Integrated Studies or Independent Study (B.A.) with a marine emphasis
- Marine Science (B.S.)
- Science Education (B.A.) with a marine emphasis
- The fellow must prove the need for financial assistance to cover tuition for a four-year course of study.
How to Apply
All the applicants are requested to fill the Application Form – Scholarship Application and Essay Contest Officials Rules. Ant the complete application will be submitted to the Sea of Change Foundations Scholarship Committee before the due date. Invalid submissions will not be accepted.
Kindly go through the requirements of documents for applying for the scholarship:
- Applicants must fill the complete application with all the valid and accurate information.
- Fellows must provide three letters of recommendation from a teacher or professor and one from a mentor in the SCUBA, boating, or ocean recreation industries or the marine research/conservation community
- An applicant must submit An essay on the subject of “What the Ocean Means to Me, My Future, and Positive Change for My Community.”
- Candidates must submit Two years of tax/income documentation to document financial need in support of tuition.
These funds minimize the financial strain on the students. The funds should be consumed to pay students’ academic needs like tuition, fees, and other related costs. These programs inspire students to achieve their goals overcoming the difficulty. The process of these scholarships is simple. These programs help students to achieve their goals.
The submissions are currently being accepted till June 15, 2021. So kindly submit your documents before the deadline.