The Emerald Isle with the tournament committee is offering scholarships for Marine Science or Engineering students. The program is inviting graduating senior from Croatan High School and Swansboro High School.
The awards are created in the success of the First Annual Emerald Isle Fishing Tournament. The motive of the grant is to return the recipients to Eastern/Coastal North Carolina to pursue their post-graduate careers.
The Emerald Isle is a website established to inform residents, property owners and visitors about the Town, its government and specifically available programs and services. The Town has over 100 public water access points with 500 strategically public parking spaces.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible, the applicants need to meet up with the below criteria:
- Must be any graduating senior from both Croatan High School and Swansboro High School
- Must have been accepted into an accredited 2-year community or technical college, or a 4-year college or university
- Must plan to major in marine biology, ecology, oceanography, fisheries biology, geology, environmental science, climate change, marine policy, ocean engineering/ship-building/maintenance, or the chemistry or physics of the ocean
- The children of members of the Tournament Organizing Committee are ineligible
How to Apply
The interested candidates are advised to return their application form to Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org for Swansboro High School students and email@example.com for Croatan High School students.
- Must submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counsellor (in a sealed envelope from the writer) that states the strengths and weakness of the student.
The Emerald Isle with the tournament committee is rewarding two $3000 awards. The grant will be paid directly to the recipient’s college or university for their educational expenses.
The application deadline to submit your application form is June 1, 2020.