Are you or any of your family members, friend, or loved ones struggling through breast cancer? Breast Cancer Awareness-Cumberland Valley Scholarship Fund is very concerned about the growth and development of women who lives in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, Western Maryland, and Franklin and Fulton Counties of Pennsylvania. As women’s mortality rate increases due to breast cancer in women, these funds will help reduce women’s morbidity and mortality rate due to breast cancer.
Breast Cancer Awareness-Cumberland Valley Scholarship Fund is well aware of women’s concern regarding breast cancer and its consequences among women, which may disturb them mentally and physically. Breast cancer reduces the confidence and self-esteem of women. That is why it needs to be treated as early as possible. These funds are providing a helping hand to women to reduce breast cancer among them.
The Breast Cancer Awareness-Cumberland Valley is one of the most known foundations, pleasingly working towards Western Maryland, the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, and Franklin and Fulton Counties of Pennsylvania with excellent initiatives that guarantee the development and good health of women. There are various steps taken focusing on the progress of women.
Check the table below for detailed information about the scholarship:
|Organization||Breast Cancer Awareness-Cumberland Valley Fund|
|Educational Level||College and university students|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Deadline||April 9, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Please check the following requirements before applying for scholarships:
- Candidates must have been impacted by breast cancer.
- Applicants should be accepted as a full-time or part-time student at an accredited two or four-year college or university.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is needed.
How to Apply
All previous BCA-CV Scholarship achievers may reapply using the exact requirements. It is suggested that the application must be reviewed by a parent or guidance counsellor to determine all required information is being provided before submission. An application needs to be postmarked before April 9 2021. Breast Cancer Awareness-Cumberland Valley will award scholarships. All efforts will be made to notify scholarship recipients by May 10, 2021. Students have the exclusive right to accept or reject their scholarship by returning the acceptance letter by May 24, 2021.
- Have your school send one official copy of your current transcript showing your overall GPA based on the 4.0 GPA scale. Transcripts can be sent in the mail (address below) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Essay This scholarship offers an excellent opportunity for college-bound students to consider the impact that breast cancer had on their lives and the lives of their family members and friends.
- Students are needed to submit a 250-word bio and write a 1,500 to 2,000-word essay that answers the following questions:
- How has breast cancer changed or impacted your life?
- What have you learned about yourself, your family, and /or your community in the face of coping with breast cancer?
- What are your educational and career goals?
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, employer, counsellor, or principal who knows you well.
- Most recent copy of student federal income tax form and the parent’s federal income tax forms if an applicant is listed as a dependent.
These scholarship funds will help the women in need to reduce their burden due to breast cancer, improve their health, and help them in their academics. The process of these scholarships is too simple. These programs help students make the most of their careers. This program focuses on reducing the load or the burden on college or university students and making the most of their careers.
The submissions are currently being accepted till April 9 2021.