Keep It Clean Partnership is presenting to you the Boulder St. Vrain Watershed Art Contest. The subsequent art contest invites students from Kindergarten to 12th grade who board Boulder County or attend school within the Boulder Valley administrative division or St. Vrain Valley administrative district to participate and showcase their talent and win some exciting awards. Students who submit their work to the following art contest will have the chance to win gift baskets of art supplies and gift cards. Winning entries also will be featured on the Keep it Clean Partnership’s new website launching later this year. Make sure your entries explore the prompt “How does water connect everyone within the Boulder St. Vrain watershed?”. The last date for submission is October 29, 2021. “This art contest invites students to consider how water connects us,” said Kevin Peterson, Keep it, Clean Partnership Coordinator.
This is an exciting opportunity for college students and their families to go to and find out about their local waterways. Keep it Clean members want the students to get creative in pondering how water connects them not just to their neighbors but also to the folks that live upstream and downstream from them. One Grand prize winner and one mention will be awarded in each of the subsequent grade divisions: Kindergarten – 2nd grade, 3rd grade – 5th grade, 6th grade – 8th grade, and 9th grade – 12th grade. Grand Prize winners will receive a present basket of art supplies and an Art Parts gift card. Honorable Mentions will receive a $20 Art Parts gift card. Winners are announced by November 19, 2021.
The Keep it Clean Partnership (KICP) is a corporation made of seven partner communities: Boulder, Longmont, Louisville, and Lafayette, the towns of Erie and Superior, and Boulder County. While these communities originally came together to collaborate on stormwater management, in recent years, the organization has shifted its focus to also include broader watershed level efforts.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Keep it Clean Partnership|
|Education Level||Grade k-12|
|Number of Awards||Varies|
|Contest Deadline||October 29, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest:
- The student must be from Kindergarten through 12th grade and living in Boulder County or attending school in the Boulder Valley School District or St. Vrain Valley School District.
How to Apply?
To enter the contest, the interested individuals are required to submit their artworks following the below-given instructions:
- Students are invited to submit one piece of 8.5” x 11” two-dimensional art using the media of their choice: crayons, markers, pencils, paint, pastels, fabric, watercolor, chalk, markers, collage, etc. – are all welcome! Photographs are not accepted for this contest. Artwork must be created solely by the student and may not include any copyrighted characters or slogans.
- The artwork should be inspired by the subsequent prompt: How does water connect everyone in the Boulder St. Vrain watershed?
- Submissions can be scanned and submitted using the form given on the scholarship portal, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Keep it Clean Partnership, PO Box 471, Boulder, CO 80306.
- All emailed and mailed artwork must include the following information: student’s first and last name, grade level, town or city where they live, school name, school district, parent or guardian name, and email.
The artworks submitted by you will be reviewed and judged by the scholarship committee. Out of all, the most deserving candidates will be selected as the winners of the following scholarship. The Grand Prize winner and the Honorable Mention will be awarded for each of the following grades:
- Kindergarten – 2nd grade
- 3rd grade – 5th grade
- 6th grade – 8th grade
- 9th grade – 12th grade
The Grand Prize consists of a gift basket of art supplies and an Art Parts gift card, and the Honorable Mention consists of a $20 Art Parts gift card.
The deadline for the application submission is October 29, 2021. No application will be considered after this date.