The University of Colorado is glad to announce its Bob Kossman Scholarship for High School students who hold a GPA of 3.5 or more. The scholarship is open to a descendant (child or grandchild) of US military personnel killed or injured in service of the country.
The Bob Kossman Scholarship was designed to support the strength of our nation by giving the higher education to the people and to give back to families of those who have served.
The University of Colorado is a private research university including multiple campuses serving Colorado. the nation, and the world by leadership in high-quality education and professional training, public service, advancing research and knowledge, and state-of-the-art health care.
Who May Be Eligible?
The Bob Kossman Scholarship is a unique opportunity for incoming CU Denver Freshmen with the following qualifications:
- Must have a descendant (child or grandchild) of a US military personnel killed or injured in service of the country
- OR are a current US military, police or fire service employee or member of their immediate family
- A High School GPA of 3.5 or above
- A demonstrated financial need (as determined by your FAFSA data)
- An engineering, math, liberal arts, and sciences, or related major
How to Apply
Before applying for the Bob Kossman Scholarship program, applicants must have a new freshman application pending for admission to CU Denver. Participants need to fill the online scholarship application form and complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once students accepted to CU Denver and have received your access credentials; you’ll apply for the Bob Kossman Scholarship in ScholarLynx+.
- A scholarship application in ScholarLynx+
- Students must submit a copy of their CV
- A general essay, including the most institutional scholarships
- An individual essay, specific to the Bob Kossman Scholarship
- An on-campus interview (for top-qualifying candidates)
Awards vary for military legacy families with the Bob Kossman Scholarship, like Tuition, fees, and expenses are covered by the foundation to the successful applicants of the program.
The application period is between October 1 and March 1 each year.