The workers’ compensation and personal injury attorneys at Zavodnick, Zavodnick& Lasky, LLC have been helping members of the greater Philadelphia area for over 30 years. They primarily represent people who have been hurt at work or involved in car accidents. They know the financial strains that an auto accident or work injury places on those involved and their loved ones. It has always been their goal to help those who have been injured by providing the peace of mind that comes with being fairly compensated for their injuries. In keeping with the tradition of helping people in need, they have designed the Zavodnick, Zavodnick& Lasky, LLC Bi-Annual Future Leaders.
They know that the cost of higher education in the United States has skyrocketed, leaving recent graduates and current students in a financial bind before they even have an opportunity to start their careers. To help offset some of the costs of attending college or graduate school Zavodnick, Zavodnick& Lasky, LLC will provide $1,000 to assist one current student who is in good standing at a college, university, or graduate program in the United States. All fall scholarship applications must be submitted by October 15. All spring scholarship applications must be submitted by April 15. All applications will be reviewed by our scholarship committee. Winners will be selected based on originality and appropriateness to the contest theme. The winner of the fall scholarship will be announced on our Facebook and Google+ page on November 30 and the spring scholarship winner will be announced May 30.
Zavodnick, Zavodnick& Lasky, LLC is a law firm that handles all personal injury cases including brain injuries, slips, and falls, workers’ compensation claims, wrongful death, and more. They are ready to help you stand up to insurance companies, hospitals, and adversaries with deep pockets and unlimited resources.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Zavodnick, Zavodnick & Lasky, LLC|
|Education Level||University, college, and graduate|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Application Fees||Not required|
|Requirements||Essay, proof of residency, proof of enrolment, financial need, proof of extracurricular activities|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest:
- Be a legal resident of the United States;
- Be eighteen (18) years old at the time the fall scholarship is awarded on November 30 or the spring scholarship is awarded on May 30;
- Enrolled in a college, university, or graduate program in the United States at the time the fall scholarship is awarded on November 30 or at the time the spring scholarship is awarded on May 30;
- Like our Facebook and Google+ pages, where we will announce the winner of the scholarship.
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to submit their stories on the following topic:
Tell them how a work injury, car accident, personal injury, or other disability or disabling event has impacted your life, and discuss the challenges you have faced in dealing with the injury or event. Millions of people in our country are affected by injuries and illnesses accompanying accidents even though they are not personally involved in the accidents themselves. Perhaps you have comforted a parent, sibling, girlfriend, boyfriend, friend, or other relative following a, particularly devastating injury? Maybe you have volunteered your time with an organization catering to the needs of those injured at work or otherwise injured. Tell them all about it!
Follow the below-given instructions to submit your application:
- To enter, send your typed, double-spaced submission (1,000 words maximum, preferably in a Microsoft Word attachment) to ZavodnickScholarship@gmail.com.
- Essays exceeding this length or handwritten may not be considered.
- We are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, or incomplete entries, postage-due mail, or entries not received for any reason.
- Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
- By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectualproperty rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium, and (3) has not previously won an award.
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- Name and Contact Information;
- Proof of Legal Residency;
- Proof of current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in the United States;
- Brief description of your financial need;
- Brief description of extracurricular activities.
The applications submitted by you will be reviewed and judged by the selection committee and out of all, the most deserving candidate will be selected as the winner of the following scholarship. The winner will be awarded a one-time scholarship amount of up to $1,000.
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is as follows:
- Fall: October 15, 2021
- Spring: April 15, 2022