Bank of the Sierra is pleased to sponsor fantastic funding schemes that students can use to support their learning journey. This year, Bank of the Sierra has made available up to eight scholarship programs worth $2,000. These eight programs serve a single purpose: supporting economically-challenged young adults residing in its business service territories to fulfil their dreams of gaining a higher education. Consideration for this program will be given to current high school seniors who are living in the counties of Fresno, Kern, Kings, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Tulare, or the Santa Clarita area of Los Angeles County, California.
An ideal applicant for this program must be planning to attend a U.S. accredited 4-year college/university or a community college and will be enrolled as a freshman in the Fall of 2022. He/she must have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 2.5 and his/her household income at or below the low-income level. This scholarship is open to all majors, and there is no ethnicity requirement. The use of award amount is limited to cover the cost of tuition for attending a college/university, as defined by the institution attended. Candidates can submit their applications electronically on or before April 1, 2022.
Bank of the Sierra was founded in 1977 and now has evolved into the largest independent bank with headquarters in California’s southern San Joaquin Valley. This community-centric regional bank offers a full range of retail and commercial banking services. Its full-service branches are located within the counties of Tulare, Kern, Kings, Fresno, Ventura, San Luis Obispo, and Santa Barbara.
Check out the table given below for more information
|Organization||Bank of the Sierra|
|Education Level||High school seniors|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Deadline||April 1, 2022|
|Requirements||Application form, recommender form from a current or past teacher or guidance counsellor official, high school transcript|
Who is Eligible?
Please meet the following requirements:
- Aspirants must be current high school seniors who reside in the counties of Fresno, Kern, Kings, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Tulare, or the Santa Clarita area of Los Angeles County, California.
- Candidates must be planning to attend a U.S. Accredited 4-Year College/University or a Community College and will be enrolled as a freshman in the Fall of 2022 (if selected, must submit a college acceptance letter for verification)
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 2.5
- Candidates whose household income is at or below the Low-Income Level (must be able to show 2020 or 2021 tax return should the applicant be selected for the award)
- Open to all majors, and there is no ethnicity requirement.
- Employees of the Bank of the Sierra and their immediate family members are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply?
Candidates can send their applications electronically by filling out an online application form. Along with their online entry form, they will have to submit an online recommender form.
There are eight scholarships available, and each scholarship is worth $2,000. These scholarships will only be utilized to cover the cost of tuition for attending a college/university, as defined by the institution attended.
Applicants are free to send their entry on or before April 1, 2022. Late entries are discouraged.