The Association of Research Libraries is introducing the prestigious Julia C. Blixrud Scholarship Program for the students interested in research and develops on current issues and shares them with the world. Students attending master of library and information science (MLIS) or recent graduate at the Annual ARL Fall Forum are eligible to apply.
This scholarship helps students with a platform to frame their thoughts and researches. The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) aims to connect ideas of leaders about future research and to learn with the Julia C. Blixrud Scholarship. The main focus of the scholarship is to support every member of the community to develop as a leader.
The Association of Research Libraries is an institutional membership organization of libraries. The Association of Research Libraries archives in major public and private universities, large public institutions, and federal government agencies in the United States and Canada. The mission of The Association of Research Libraries is to advance the research, learn, share intelligence on current issues, and develop the youngsters for the diverse library leaders.
Who May Be Eligible?
Check the eligibility norms before applying for the grant; here are the requirements:
- Students have to be a United States citizen, a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants have to be a current MLIS student or a graduate student who will graduate in two years.
- Candidate has to be a strong potential thinker who wants to contribute to the profession.
- The applicant should be actively using social media to communicate about the Fall Forum during the event.
How to Apply
Applicants have to submit their online application form and other documents. Fill up the online scholarship form with all the personal details and the materials to verify your eligibility for the grant. The letter of recommendation should be submitted to JCBfund@arl.org.
- Applicant should submit their residency proof of being a U.S. citizen.
- Candidates have to submit an updated resume or CV with all the personal information. Applicants’ resume should include a keen interest in the area addressed by the Fall Forum.
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s supervisor, professor, advisor, teacher, or any faculty member who knows the applicant’s academic performance is needed. This letter should have the applicant’s potential to contribute to the profession and the explicit states of the applicant’s current status as a professional and student. This letter should be signed and must have a letterhead.
- The applicant should write and submit an essay of 400 words or a video of three to four-minute on the topic of the 2020 ARL Fall Forum.
- Students have to submit a written summary of the applicant’s participation to publish ARL after the event.
The Association of Research Libraries Julia C. Blixrud Scholarship covers the registration fee for the Fall Forum, and the winner will also receive a scholarship fund of $1,000. The granted fund is to be utilized to pay the educational expenses of the students in their academic years.
Application deadline for the Association of Research Libraries Julia C. Blixrud Scholarship is September 3, 2020, before 11:59 pm (eastern daylight time).