To recognize and reward the students’ accomplishments and contributions in the field of pharmacy, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is now sponsoring Student Leadership Awards. The students who hold an interest in pharmacy practice in health-systems and demonstrate leadership ability are the ideal candidates for these programs. ASHP grants up to twelve awards to full-time pharmacy student enrolled in a professional doctor of pharmacy program at an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy.
These funding opportunities are for helping students earn proper education in the field of pharmacy without facing any financial barrier so that they can become dedicated and amazing pharmacists. These awards allow students to further their passion and fulfil their dream of studying pharmacy. The organization knows that it might be hard for pharmacy students to cover the cost of their higher education if their financial resources are limited. ASHP believes that every student should have equal opportunity and to ensure that it has established these amazing funding programs.
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists in short ASHP is a leading American organization which represents pharmacists dedicated to serving as patient care providers in the acute and ambulatory setting. It is home to 55,000 members including pharmacists, student pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. This organization holds the 75 years of rich experience of enhancing patient safety and improving medication.
This given table is here to help you get quick information; please have a look:
|Organization||American Society of Health-System Pharmacists|
|Amount||An award plaque + A $2000 cash|
|Number of Awards||12|
|Application Deadline||January 15, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Check out these requirements of the program to determine whether you are eligible or not:
- Applicants must be a full-time pharmacy student enrolled in a professional Doctor of Pharmacy program at an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy;
- Aspirants must be an ASHP member in good standing;
- Students must have a cumulative grade point average of a least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent grading system);
- Recipients must have completed at least one academic year in their professional pharmacy program;
- Students who have received an ASHP Student Leadership Award in the past or who are currently serving on an ASHP Council, the Commission on Affiliate Relations or the Pharmacy Student Forum Executive Committee are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
For these funds, you can apply through the online portal given at the official website of ASHP. Moreover, you have to submit the following documents:
- A completed professional activities questionnaire
- An essay of no more than 750 words conveying your thoughts on how, as a student leader, you would increase awareness and understanding of the emerging roles, care delivery models, and practice settings for pharmacists in the year 2030 among student colleagues. This should include a discussion of why the Practice Advancement Initiative is important for students and specific types of activities or programs that you believe would be most effective.
- Three letters of recommendations: one from a faculty member, one from a pharmacist practitioner, and one from a student peer
- Three corresponding recommendation forms signed by each person writing the recommendation letter
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- A completed Certification and Acceptance signature page
As an award, each candidate will receive an award plaque and $2000 cash. The award will serve as contributing toward the education of qualified students who are interested in the field of pharmacy.
The application deadline is January 15, 2021. Send your application before or on this date as the late application will not be accepted.