The Wareham Oyster Festival Inc. promotes the study and growth of sustainable aquaculture through various initiatives. The organization is proud to announce the scholarship for students interested to pursue the aquaculture course or any courses related to it. Students interested in productive marine populations and ecosystems are eligible. These courses must focus on the breeding and harvesting of shellfish. The students who study other marine organisms, physical and geological oceanography and related fields of study can also apply for the scholarship.
This scholarship will help students cover their educational expenses. Scholarships motivate students to pursue careers in aquaculture and other marine courses. With the help of scholarships, the financial burden on students is taken off. The process is simple to make it convenient for multiple students to benefit from the funds. The scholarship aims to make education easy for students.
The Wareham Oyster Festival Inc. is a private non-profit organization composed of volunteers. This small group of volunteers puts on the Wareham Oyster Festival every May and plans for the festival throughout the year. The festival is funded mostly through donations from local businesses. The firm is keen on the progress of a nation by helping to make education easy for all.
Candidates must check the table below for more information about the scholarships:
|Organization||Wareham Oyster Festival Inc|
|Educational Level||University and college students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||May 1, 2021|
|Requirement||Application, one or more letters of recommendation, transcript, FAFSA|
Who May Be Eligible
Some mandatory eligibility requirements are mentioned below:
- The student must be accepted for or be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or professional training school.
- Students must be applying for the study of aquaculture or marine-related science.
- The applicant must be a resident of Wareham to be eligible for the scholarship.
How to Apply
Applicants can send their application and other supporting documents through email or by post. Students can mail their application on:
Wareham Oyster Festival, Inc. Scholarship
P.O. Box 922 East Wareham,
Applicants can also email their applications to email@example.com. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered for the scholarship.
- An official transcript must be attached with the application. This transcript must verify the successful completion of courses.
- Applicants must provide evidence of enrollment for the next semester.
- Candidates must answer the following question each on different pages.
- List the Honors/Awards you have received.
- List your School Clubs/Civic Organizations. You can describe your role or interest in each club/organization.
- List and describe your experience by any Community Service you have performed.
- List and explain your Employment History, if any.
- Students must write a 1-2 paragraph essay on these questions: In what field of study do you plan to? What motivated you to choose this field? How do you plan to use your degree after graduation? Why do you believe you are qualified to/or should receive this scholarship?
- Individuals must provide the names of two referees that the scholarship committee may contact for a reference.
The Wareham Oyster Festival, Inc. will be awarding a $1000 scholarship to a student. This scholarship will be awarded to the students pursuing a career in the aquaculture or marine science fields. Scholarship funds must be used for educational expenses such as tuition fees, books and other mandatory details.
Applications are currently open. Applications for The Annual Wareham Oyster Festival, Inc. must be submitted before May 1, 2021.