Alaska Wildlife Alliance has launched a wonderful annual wildlife calendar photo contest which is currently open for applications. It’s time for you to show your creativity and your love for wildlife diversity through your amazing photography. This year, Alaska wildlife Alliance is organizing this photo contest to look for the thirteen most deserving and creative winning photos to feature them in their 2022 wildlife calendar. The last date of the contest is October 17, 2021. Up to October 3rd, there will be open submissions where AWA’s staff will vote on their top favorite photos considering photo quality, creativity, diversity of wildlife, and humor. After that, the public will then start voting for the winners via AWA’s Facebook page by October 17th. The final winners will be announced by October 18th.
The winners of the following contest will get two free calenders and a feature on the 2022 wildlife calendar. You are encouraged to submit photos that reflect the amazing diversity of wildlife that is within the state of Alaska. AWA utlizes the calendar sales to raise funds for protecting Alaska’s wildlife. Therefore by participating in the contest, you will become part of ensuring Alaska’s wildlife continues to run wild and be secured. You are indirectly contributing to the wellbeing and protection of Alaska’s wildlife.
The Alaska Wildlife Alliance, founded in 1978 by Alaskans is the oldest Alaskan-based group committed entirely to the protection and security of Alaska’s wildlife. They give voice to Alaska‘s wildlife. Their mission is to advocate for healthy ecosystems, scientifically and ethically managed to protect our wildlife in an increasingly dynamic world.
Here is a brief description for you concerning the following scholarship:
|Organization||Alaska Wildlife Alliance|
|Number of Awards||13|
|Contest Deadline||October 17, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
|Requirements||No specific requirements|
Who is Eligible?
All are eligible to participate in the following contest. No specific restrictions were given regards to eligibility.
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to submit photos that reflect the amazing diversity of wildlife that is within the state of Alaska.
Following rules and guidelines must be followed while submitting your photos:
- Photographs must feature wildlife photographed in Alaska.
- Photographs must be taken by yourself or of someone close to you with permission- no Google or Copywrite images!
- Photographs must be a high resolution and in a landscape style (photographs will be oriented in a landscape for the calendar and will be printed for a large calendar size, so high-quality images are preferred).
- Include your name and a brief description or story of your photo and where it was taken (no more than 2-3 sentences).
- AWA will receive usage rights for winning photographs. These photographs will be considered donations and will be used for future AWA promotional purposes. Photographer credit will be given during use.
Please email submissions with descriptions to the outlook email address given on the scholarship portal.
The winners will be decided following the below-mentioned process:
- From August 16th- October 3rd, photograph submissions from competitors will take place.
- From October 4th- October 17th, the top photographs will get voted upon via AWA’s Facebook page.
- On October 18th: Winners are announced via social media and email.
Once the winners are decided, they will be awarded the two free calendars, and the opportunity to share their wonderful photographs with the world by getting their photos featured in the 2022 wildlife calendar.
The deadline for application submission for the following scholarship is October 17, 2021. No applications will be considered after the deadline.