AFSCME is announcing its amazing AFSCME Family Scholarship for the current year 2020. Students graduating from high school and enrolling in a four-year degree in accredited college or university whose parents, legal guardians are full dues-paying AFSCME members are invited to apply for the awards. This grant provides funds for four-years.
This scholarship was started to help students with their college expenses and ensure more students complete their higher studies to do well in their respective careers. The eligibility requirements are kept straightforward so that students enjoy more benefits from their enormous programs.
AFSCME began in 1932 when the country suffered an economic crisis; a small group of professional state employees met in Madison, Wisconsin. This later became the Wisconsin State Employees Union. The motive behind starting this union was to promote, defend, and enhance the civil service system.
Who May Be Eligible?
To be eligible, the applicant must qualify the below-given criteria before applying for the program:
- Applicant must be High school graduate or must be graduating high school at the time of application.
- Candidate parents, legal guardians, or grandparents responsible for the applicant’s finance must be a full dues-paying AFSCME member.
- Applicants must be enrolled in accredited colleges or universities.
- Students must be enrolled in a full-time degree program for four years. If you’re enrolled in a two-year institution, you can transfer credits to a four-year institution.
- Students must have completed their SAT or ACT exams and passed with an excellent academic score.
How to Apply
If you’re eligible for this scholarship as per the above requirements, then you must download the pdf scholarship application form. Complete the application and attach all the necessary documents, and mail your application and documents in one envelope. To address:
AFSCME Family Scholarship Program
Attention: AFSCME Advantage,
1625 L Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20
- Applicants should mail a complete scholarship application form. Do not send incomplete applications.
- Candidate must attach a 500 to 600-word essay about your choice of career and your plans.
- Students must also attach a transcript with the application form.
- Applicants should attach official copies of your SAT or ACT scores.
- A letter of recommendation from your High School teacher, administrator, or coach should be included with other documents. A letter from the applicant’s family member or friends will not be considered.
- Applicants must also attach proof to their parents, grandparents, or legal guardians of AFSCME membership.
The ten selected applicants will be awarded the AFSCME Family Scholarship Program worth $2,000 each. The scholarship will be renewed for $2,000 each year for four years to help students with their educational expenses like books, tuition fees, etc. during their degree.
Applications should be postmarked before December 31, 2020.