The ACES is pleased to announce its Walsh Scholarships which includes a total of six awards for the year 2020. The program is targeting students who are seeking degrees as juniors, seniors or graduate at college or university during the summer or fall term.
All six awards have sufficient amount for students to cover their higher education purchases. The financial assistance will definitely support deserving and outstanding candidates to fulfil their dreams and goals.
The ACES Society for Editing holds its position for the nation’s leading organization of editing professionals, educators, and students. It is simply dedicated to improving the quality of the written word and the working lives of editors.
Who May Eligible?
The below criteria should be followed by every student to qualify for the scholarship:
- Must be seeking degrees as enrolled college or university juniors, seniors, or graduate students during the summer or fall term in 2020.
- Scholarships will be awarded without regard to the student’s major or field of academic concentration.
- The previous recipients are not eligible
How to Apply
The complete applications and the asked documents should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in the form of Word or PDF format. The candidates should provide every detail to get considered for the scholarship.
- Must provide your resume stating the evidence of academic achievement and exemplary work in editing.
- Must submit references with the names and titles or job descriptions of a total of three instructors or work supervisors, and their contact information.
- Must write in 500 or fewer words, about what you would do if you were the rookie copy editor.
- Other topics can be found at the main page of application scholarship above
The scholarships include six award amounts for deserving students:
- The winner will receive $3,500 award amount plus financial aid to attend the ACES national conference.
- The ACES Aubespin scholarship winner receives $2,500, and four other winners receive $1,500 each also with aid to attend the ACES conference.
The applications should be submitted to the committee by 15th November 2020.