The AASA Women in School Leadership Award program is specially designed to recognize the exceptional leadership of active, front-line female leaders who are making a difference in the lives of students every day. The following awards recognize female educators whose talent, creativity, and vision are exemplary. Three awards are presented annually at the AASA National Conference on Education. This year, there are two awards are available which are “The Superintendent Award” and “The Central Office/Principal Award”. The Superintendent Award is awarded to any female superintendent who’s been in the superintendent position for two years or more. On the other hand, The Central Office/Principal Award is awarded to any female central office or building level leader. Equivalent job titles may include assistant superintendent, central office administrator, school-based principal/assistant principal.
The following award asks the female candidates to fill out the nomination as well as the application form given on the scholarship portal to be eligible for the award. A panel of distinguished leaders in education will select two finalists in each category for the AASA Women in School Leadership Awards. Their decision will be based on the applications submitted online and supporting documents. The judges will also virtually interview the four finalists. Winners will be announced at the AASA National Conference on Education between February 17-19, 2022.
AASA is the premier association for school system leaders and serves as the national voice for public education and district leadership on Capitol Hill. AASA’s governance structure engages the considerable talents of its diverse and dynamic membership. AASA has affiliate relationships with 49 state administrator associations and the Canadian Association of School Administrators.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Number of Awards||2|
|Contest Deadline||October 8, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest:
- The Superintendent Award is open to any female superintendent who’s been in the superintendent position for two years or more.
- The Central Office/Principal Award is open to any female central office or building-level leader.
- Equivalent job titles may include assistant superintendent, central office administrator, school-based principal/assistant principal.
Each candidate is judged on the following criteria:
- Leadership for Learning – creativity in successfully meeting the needs of students in her school or district.
- Communication – strength in both personal and organizational communication.
- Professionalism – constant improvement of administrative knowledge and skills, while motivating others on the education team.
- Community Involvement – active participation in local community activities and an understanding of regional, national, and international issues.
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to fill out the application form given on the scholarship portal and submit it there only. For further information do read all the rules given on the portal and then submit.
The winners will receive the following benefits:
- Each award recipient will receive $1,000 and a plaque.
- Each award finalist will receive complimentary registration for the AASA National Conference on Education.
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is October 8, 2021. No applications will be considered after this date.