A is for Playwriting contest believe that the theatre is a powerful platform to share stories, debunk myths and disempower fears. Therefore, they are inviting individuals to participate in the competition by submitting a 60-minute play. The theme should revolve around reproductive justice. You have to submit your creative work in a pdf format before August 1, 2021. Plays in languages other than English have to contain subtitles. No limit on entry per person. Plays do not have to be as long as 60-minutes. They can be as short as a single page. It should include a cover page stating the name of the playwright and all relevant contact information.
Participating in the contest is a fantastic opportunity to kickstart your career in playwriting and theatre. It would be best if you utilize the chance to showcase your creative talent to the world. Also, the contest comes with exciting prizes. The 1st position holder will get a cash reward of $5000. The runner-up will receive a monetary amount of $3000, and the third position holder will call $1500. In addition, all three plays will be presented as rehearsed readings during the virtual festival in November 2021.
A is For is a non-profit organization aimed to advance reproductive rights and end the taboo against abortion care. The foundation was started in 2012 due to the escalating legislative attacks on access to safe reproductive care. They work in partnership with the organizations working at the grass-root level, leading the fight to defend or expand reproductive rights in the courts and among the public.
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Organization||A is For|
|Amount||Varies depending on place you secure|
|Number of Awards||3|
|Application Deadline||July 1, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible?
All the individuals are eligible to take part in the A is for Playwriting Contest 2021. You have to submit one-act plays about reproductive justice, including but not limited to the topic of abortion.
How to Apply?
To apply, satisfy the following criteria:
- You may not alter your entrance in the wake of submitting.
- You may submit however many plays as you wish.
- Plays should be no longer than an hour (ordinarily around 60 pages, twofold dispersed.) Plays longer than an hour will naturally be excluded.
- Plays don’t need to be up to an hour. They can be more limited. They can be just about as short as a solitary page on the off chance that you feel adequate to recount your story.
- If it’s not too much trouble, present your documents in PDF as it were.
- Plays in dialects other than English will be acknowledged up to a going with English interpretation is additionally given.
- Plays ought to incorporate a cover page that includes the dramatist’s name and all-important contact data, including portrayal, if appropriate.
A fantastic Prize will be rewarded to the first position holder will get $5,000. The second place holder will be awarded $3,000, and the third winner will be awarded $1,500. Every one of the three plays will be introduced as practiced readings during our virtual celebration in September 2021. This is a fantastic opportunity for individuals to showcase their creativity. You should participate.
The last date to fill your application is July 1, 2021, at 11:59 PM EST.