Zonta International Foundation is happy to declare their Young Women in Public Affairs Award for the young women living in Zonta Country. The main objective behind the Zonta International Young Women in Public Affairs (YWPA) Award Program is to urge young women to take an interest in public affairs by perceiving the applicant’s commitment to the volunteer sector, proof of volunteer leadership accomplishments, and a commitment to enabling ladies worldwide through service and advocacy. Zonta International Foundation believes that, For more women to be addressed in vital dynamic positions around the world, we should encourage young ladies to seek after professions or accept leadership positions in public policymaking, government, and volunteer associations and further continue their education to accomplish the goal.
Zonta clubs generally give grants to club beneficiaries who later might be chosen for a district region grant of US$1,500. Ten worldwide beneficiaries are selected from the district/region beneficiaries to get extra honors of US$5,000 each. All awards are to be financed by the Zonta International Foundation. To be eligible to enter the scholarship program, the candidate must identify as female, must be 16 to 19 years of age on 1st April each year and residing in a Zonta district/region, or must be a citizen of a Zonta country. Also, the candidate must show an active commitment to volunteerism. For further information on eligibility, application procedure, etc., read the whole article. The candidate needs to contact the club to know the deadline for the application submission for the following scholarship.
Zonta International has effectively helped women worldwide through help and advocacy for over 100 years now. Zonta International is a leading worldwide association of experts supporting ladies worldwide through service and advocacy. Zonta International imagines a world where ladies’ privileges are perceived as common freedoms and each lady can accomplish her maximum capacity.
|Education Level||Not defined|
|Number of Awards||Varies|
|Nationality||Domestic and citizens of a Zonta country|
|Application Fees||Not required|
|Requirements||Application form, transcripts, proof of enrollment, proof of employment, two recommendations|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest is as follows:
- The candidate must identify as female.
- The candidate must be 16 to 19 years of age on 1st April each year and residing in a Zonta district/region or must be a citizen of a Zonta country.
- The candidate must show an active commitment to volunteerism.
- The candidate must have working experience in local government, student government, or workplace leadership (paid or unpaid).
- The candidate must have volunteer leadership achievements.
- The candidate is expected to know about Zonta International and its programs.
- The candidate must support Zonta International’s mission of empowering women worldwide through their service and advocacy.
- Previous award winners are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply?
To participate, the candidates need to visit the official website of Zonta International Foundation, www.zonta.org, and download the official application form for the following scholarship from there. The application form must be filled out entirely in English and be submitted along with all the documents mentioned below.
The required documents are given below:
- Proof of enrollment in your current institution.
- Proof of employment.
- Two letters of recommendation from adults who are not related to the applicant directly, such as teachers, school officials/employee supervisors, or community leaders. The letters must be sent directly to the Zonta club or district/region and not the applicant.
The Zonta clubs will award district region recipients with US$1,500. Then out of district region recipients, ten international recipients will be selected to receive additional awards of US$5,000 each. All district region and international awards will be funded by the Zonta International Foundation.
The candidate needs to contact the club to know the deadline for the application submission for the following scholarship.