ZEISS and the World Photography Organization is pleased o announce ZEISS Photography Award 2019 “Seeing Beyond – The Unexpected”. The competition is open to all photographers who are over 18 years of the age.
The ZEISS Photography Award is now in its fourth year – and is calling on ambitious photographers from across the globe to present their work around the theme “Seeing Beyond – The Unexpected” to the international jury of experts.
Participants are required to submit a series of five to ten photographs, including a description of the images, online. The winners will receive ZEISS camera lenses of their choice worth a total of 12,000 Euros, and 3,000 Euros to cover travels costs for a photo project.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- All Photographers entering a body of work between 5 to 10 images.
- All entrants must be over 18.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register and complete the information through the given link:
- The ZEISS Photography Award is open to all Photographers entering a body of work between 5 to 10 images.
- All entrants must be over 18.
- To enter, you must upload your image via the following website: worldphoto.org (the “Website”), following the on-screen instructions carefully.
- Image Entry criteria:
- Un-published work entered into the competition must have been taken between the dates of January 1st, 2015 and February 8th, Once unpublished work has been entered, it cannot be entered again as published work in the future year of the awards competition.
- Published work may have been taken at any point in history, but must have been commissioned or acquired or first published between the dates of January 1st, 2015 and February 8th,
- Eligible publications include magazines, newspapers, online and print editorial, self-publishing websites, including personal sites as well as commissioned gallery exhibitions.
- Images included in past photographic competitions, advertisements, marketing material, blogs, social media, and all other visible platforms prior to January 1st, 2015 will be considered published and not permissible within this competition.
- Images should be no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 5MB. Images should be JPEG files
- All images must be saved in the RGB color model and EXIF data must be left in the image file.
- All entrants must be able to supply a high-resolution image suitable for printing in exhibitions should the image be required.
- You may enter a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 images.
- You are the sole owner and author of each Entry
- You have the right to make your entry available to the Competition
- Each Entry does not contain personally identifiable information about you or any other person(s)
- Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
- Each Entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct, which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law
- Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and Your Entry does not include:
- Trademarks owned by third parties
- Copyrighted materials owned by third parties (including movie dialogue or musical compositions)
- Names, likenesses, voices or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead
- Entries which contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service other than that of the World Photography Organization.
- All entrants understand that the image information, including image name and description, may be shared with Event partners and media as per clause 7.1, 7.2 and 8. For the avoidance of doubt the “image information” does not include any personal information of you the author.
- Any photograph used by the World Photography Organization shall carry a credit line.
- Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as the World Photography Organization uses its reasonable endeavors to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of a notice of such failure.
- All entrants must be able to supply a high-resolution image suitable for printing in media and an exhibition should the image be required.
The winner will receive:
- ZEISS camera lenses of their choice worth a total of 12,000 Euros, and 3,000 Euros to cover travels costs for a photo project.
- Flights and accommodation to attend the exhibition’s opening at Somerset House London in April 2019.
- ZEISS will also invite the winner to their headquarters in Germany to see behind the scenes and test out ZEISS lenses for themselves.
- The winner will also have the chance to collaborate directly with ZEISS and the World Photography Organization.
Submissions open 22 November 2018 and close February 8, 2019.