Youth4Regions 2018 Media Programme is hosted by European Committee of the Regions. If you are studying journalism send us your best words or images on a project co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund or the Cohesion Fund.
This program is an annual event dedicated to preparing the next generation of journalists specialized in Regional Policy. You will have the chance to join other 27 students, one from each EU Member State, in Brussels on 7 – 11 October.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Must be a citizen of an EU Member State
- Must be between 18 and 30 years old
- Must be registered as studying journalism in the European Union
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an original article or video report on an EU-funded project through the given link: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/regions-and-cities/#!/journalists/youth4regions
- In order to apply, potential participants must send a short article (400-1000 words) or a short video (2 – 3 minutes) depicting a project co-financed by the ERDF and CF.
- Write a short article (400 – 1,000 words)
- Upload a video (max 3 mins).
- Make sure you stick to the subject: The project you are communicating about should be co-financed by the European Regional Development and Cohesion Funds, supporting smart, inclusive or sustainable growth, particularly job creation
- Contributions are accepted in all of the 24 EU official languages; However, in case of video submission, a written script in English should also be provided.
The lucky winners will be offered a chance to come to Brussels as a part of the media pool communicating on one of the major events of the year: the European Week of Regions and Cities 2018.
- Practical work experience as a journalist covering Europe’s largest regional development event
- Training in journalism, communication, and Regional Policy
- Mentorship from a professional journalist
- The chance to meet other journalism students from around Europe
- The opportunity to get published on our website and in a European-wide magazine
- The Commission is covering accommodation and traveling.
- All 28 winners will benefit from the following:
They will have their articles or videos published on the website of the European Week of Regions and Cities: http://regions-and-cities.europa.eu
They will be invited to Brussels attend the Youth4Regions Media Programme from 7 till 11 October 2018 during the European Week of Regions and Cities. The European Commission will cover travel, accommodation, and meals.
Applicants must submit their application by midnight, June 29th, 2018 23:59 (GMT+2).
If you have any question, contact the competition secretariat at youth4regions-at-ewrc.eu