The You First Foundation is organizing a scholarship program for the families affected by traumatic medical events. The grants will be applicable for the Texas residents who are high school graduate or GED holder.
The foundation conducted the awards to support the family member and their dependents in higher education. The grants will be useful for the recipients to continue their studies without facing any kind of financial barriers.
The You First Foundation is a non-profit 501(c) (3) charity formed to honour a beloved friend, Wendy Kwan, who died at age 34 from a brain aneurysm. Its purpose is to support neurointensive care and neuro recovery centres.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible for the program, the applicants must follow the eligibility criteria:
- Must be a resident of Texas.
- Must be a high school graduate or GED recipient.
- Must be enrolled or plan to enrol in an accredited two or four-year college, university or vocational school within the United States. Part-time and full-time students may apply.
- Must have a 2.7 minimum GPA.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates can download a pdf application form and submit it with the required documents through mail at You First Foundation Attn: 2020 Scholarship Committee P.O. Box 143 Katy, TX 77492.
- Must provide two letters of recommendation.
- Must submit high school or GED transcripts.
- If applicable, provide college, university, or vocational school transcripts.
The You First Foundation will reward deserving students with scholarships between up to $3,000. The scholarship is payable directly to the educational institution.
The students are asked to postmark their applications by June 30, 2020.