Yenching Academy of Peking University is pleased to announce Yenching Global Symposium 2019. They welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, color, gender, sexual orientation, educational backgrounds, ability or disability.
The theme this year is “Women: Retelling the China Stories”. They are interested in your personal ‘China Story’, and how it fits into the broader narrative of China. Delegates selected to attend the Yenching Global Symposium will receive fully-funded travel, accommodation, and meals in Beijing for the duration of the conference.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any field
- Strong interest in learning about China and engaging in nuanced, interdisciplinary
- discussions which address critical societal issues relating to China
- Leadership potential
- English proficiency
- Hold a valid passport (does not expire within 6 months of visa application date-January/February 2019);
- Have never attended any of the previous Yenching Global Symposiums or Yenching Social
- Bonus: Involvement in China-related activities- academic, voluntary, professional, extra-curricular activities.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://yenchingsymposium.wufoo.com/forms/q13hhn1s0itgpal/
- The application for the Yenching Global Symposium 2019 is divided into the following sections:
- Personal Information
- Education and Employment
- Conference Information
- Language Requirement and CV
- Short Essay Questions
- The short essay section requires each applicant to provide a written response of no more than 200 words to each of the following questions:
- In your own words, describe the Yenching Global Symposium (YGS). What do you expect to learn at the YGS?
- The theme this year is “Wǒmen: Retelling the China Stories”. They are interested in your personal ‘China Story’, and how it fits into the broader narrative of That is, why do you wish to learn about China and attend a China-related conference. What are the issues that you are most interested in discussing? In short, what is your ‘China Story’?
- What is your understanding of the theme “Wǒmen: Retelling the China Stories”?
- How is the theme relevant to your experience and/or expectations, as well as your country or community? Discuss with relevant examples.
- How do you expect to use your experience at the YGS in the future? How will attending the YGS help you achieve your goals?
- Optional: Is there any other information you would like to share about yourself? (do not repeat your CV)
- Your responses should be maximum of 200 words. Responses that are less than 100 words will not be competitive.
- Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted.
- If English is not your first language or if you have not graduated from an English-taught program, provide IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge or CEFR scores.
- Applicants who do not have IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge or CEFR scores should provide a description of other English proficiency experience.
Delegates selected to attend the Yenching Global Symposium will receive fully-funded travel, accommodation, and meals in Beijing for the duration of the conference.
Applications close at 11:59 p.m. (China Standard Time), 8 December 2018.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org