Get the financial aid that you need to earn a college education and support your learning journey through this WWIN Star Scholars Programs. These scholarships are exclusively available for the academic session of 2021-2022. This monetary support will go toward the education of promising female students who are all set for transformational life change and have exhibit financial need. To be an ideal candidate for this program applicants should be enrolled at or admitted into a college or university approved by the Washington College Grant for the 2021-2022 academic year. Funds are available for US citizens, permanent residents, refugees, asylees and current DACA recipients to the United States.
These awards are administered by WWIN and selected those students who are determined and driven with a deep desire to build a better future for themselves and their families. The sole purpose of WWIN behind establishing these opportunities is to encourage students to spark positive changes for themselves, their families and community. WWIN Star Scholars Programs is dedicated to improving the financial condition of female students and their families and given their educational journey a boost. Through these programs, WWIN wants to provide assistance to students in fulfilling their dreams and becoming whatever they want to be. This company also seeks to contribute to promoting the education of women.
WWIN is also known as Washington Women in Need and has been committed to empowering women in Washington State to achieve economic stability through higher education and living-wage careers. It was founded by Julia in 1992 with the purpose of helping low-income women transform their lives with grants for education and health care. In starting this company used to provide grants for health care. When the Affordable Care Act (ACA) was enacted in 2010, the need for health care grants got reduced, so WWIN shifted its focus from healthcare grants to educational grants.
Get quick information through this table:
|Organization||Washington Women in Need|
|Educational Level||College and university students|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||April 10, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
If you meet the following requirements, then you will be eligible to apply:
- Applicants must identify as a woman;
- Candidates must have lived in Washington State for the past 12 months;
- Aspirants will be 18 years of age or older as of September 1, 2021;
- Participants must be a US citizen, permanent resident, refugee, asylee, or current DACA recipient to the United States;
- Students have submitted their 2021-2022 FAFSA or WASFA and have received their Student Aid Report (SAR);
- Recipients must be enrolled at or admitted into a college or university approved by the Washington College Grant for the 2021-2022 academic year;
- Applicants must be working towards an associate’s degree, certificate, technical degree, or your first bachelor’s degree;
- Candidates must have cumulative GPA is at or above 2.50;
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need towards your Cost of Attendance.
How to Apply
You can enter this program just by completing an online application form and send some required documents mentioned under the supporting documents. Your form must have all the correct and complete information since the decision will be made based on the information provided by you. Any fake and incomplete application can cause disqualification.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License or Washington State ID Card
- Social Security Card or Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- Your 2021-2022 Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Tax Returns used to prepare the 2021-2022 FAFSA or WASFA (or proof of non-filing). If you are a dependent student, this will also include the tax return of the person who claims you as a dependent.
- Verification of enrollment or acceptance at an approved Washington college or university
- Your most recent unofficial transcript
- Your official 2021-2022 Financial Aid Award Letter from the school you will be attending
Selected candidates will receive up to $5,000 per academic year and up to $20,000 over their undergraduate college career at the approved Washington College or University. This award is meant to help students attend their Washington-based college or university of their choice, and lessen the financial worries that are preventing them from focusing on their studies.
The application deadline is April 10, 2021. Please make sure that your application reaches to the university on time.