- May 15, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: International Students, Student Competitions
The World Trade Organization (WTO) is delighted to announce the Essay Award for Young Economists to the young economist. To be eligible, the applicants/authors must possess or be engaged in the completion of a Ph.D. and, if over 30 years of age, be no more than two years past a Ph.D. defense.
The aim of the award is to promote high-quality research on trade policy and international trade co-operation and to reinforce the relationship between the WTO and the academic community.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Open to the young economist
- The author(s) of the paper must possess or be engaged in the completion of a Ph.D. and, if over 30 years of age, be no more than two years past a Ph.D. defense.
- In the case of co-authored papers, this requirement shall apply to all authors.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To be considered for the award, the applicants must write an essay and submit with required submission material at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions should include as separate attachments in PDF format:
- The essay (essays cannot exceed 15,000 words.)
- The CV of the author(s), specifying (i) current affiliation(s), (ii) the academic institution awarding the Ph.D., (iii) the year (or the expected year) of the Ph.D., (iv) the date of birth of the author(s).
- The paper must address issues related to trade policy and international trade co-operation.
- The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay. In the case of a co-authored paper, the prize will be equally divided among the authors.
- The winning essay will be published in the WTO Working Paper Series and it is the responsibility of the author(s) to endeavor to secure publication of the contribution in a journal.
- The winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group, the largest conference specializing in international trade, which will take place in September 2018 in Warsaw, Poland.
- The winning author(s) will receive funding to attend the meeting.
Essays must be submitted by 1 June 2018.