Promising young women of Colorado will get all the appreciation for their commitment and perseverance. The Colorado PGA REACH Foundation is keeping its words of empowering women by initiating an undesirable program called the 2020 Women’s Leadership Summit Scholarship. Candidate must be a female high school senior progressing towards a four-year undergraduate degree or a female college student with at least one full year of school remaining. Applicants should display interest in a business or STEM academic track.
The goal of this scholarship is to empower women on and off the golf course. The Colorado PGA REACH Foundation is committed to the development and advancement of women and paying it forward to next-generation women leaders. Through this scholarship, the foundation us investing in a promising young woman by affording top female students in Colorado the opportunity to enhance their personal growth through the funds received.
The Colorado PGA REACH Foundation works daily to support their over 825 Colorado PGA Professionals to make a difference in the local communities. Programming ensures that regardless of your age or background, the cost will never inhibit one’s involvement and enjoyment of the game of golf. Colorado PGA REACH strongly believes golf is a game for all. They know that introduction to the game at a young age can improve and advance opportunities for youth. Colorado PGA REACH has proven that golf is an excellent rehabilitation tool for our military veterans. The funding raised by Colorado PGA REACH goes directly back to support its members to deliver the many programs they provide.
Table of Contents
Follow the table below to know about the scholarship:
|Organization||Colorado PGA REACH|
|Educational Level||University or college students|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Application Deadline||October 23, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
Take a look at eligibility requirements set by the foundation for this program:
- Previous recipients of a women’s leadership summit scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- In the 2021-2022 academic year, must be a female high-school senior progressing toward a four-year undergraduate degree or a female college student with at least one full year of school remaining.
- Applicant should display an interest in a Business or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) academic track.
- The fellow should have a proven track record of academic excellence and leadership potential by submitting SAT or ACT score or GPA.
- An individual should be Active in the community – List areas of involvement.
How to Apply
If you are eligible for the program, then you can apply it to enjoy its benefits through an online application form. Fellows should fill all the information in the form with caution. Any incomplete or late applications will not be entertained. The applicant should provide all the necessary materials with concern and should maintain the originality of the materials and assignments provided. All the applications are expected to be received before the deadline to be considered.
- The fully completed form should be submitted before the deadline.
- A personal or teacher letter of recommendation should be provided.
- Essay of no more than 500 words in response to the following question:
We can all acknowledge that good leadership is the key to being successful. With the global pandemic in early 2020, this concept was quickly reinforced. Describe the key leadership qualities you observed during the progression of the coronavirus. Which of these qualities do you identify with and why?
The selected candidates will receive the award of $2500. This amount should be utilized to pay educational expenses of the candidates like tuition, fees, books, and other verified needs. This scholarship appreciates the hard work of women in maintaining their excellence. It encourages the students to do better in their academic careers and achieve every career goal.
The complete application should be submitted before October 23, 2020, to be considered for the scholarship program.