Google is excited to offer Women Techmakers & Chrome Dev Summit Travel Grant to pursue a career in computer science and technology, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, ability or military service. The program is open to qualified university students and technology industry professionals who meet the criteria and they strongly encourage people who identify as women to apply.
At Google, they believe a diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. They will provide selected recipients airfare or train travel fare to and from the summit and/or hotel accommodations as a travel stipend of up to $500 USD offered through their travel agency partner.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The program is open to qualified university students and technology industry professionals who meet the criteria and we strongly encourage people who identify as women to
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older as of July 17, 2018.
- Eligibility for each group is as follows:
- University Students: A student enrolled in bachelors, masters or Ph.D. program (or equivalent professional training) for the 2018-2019 academic years or a current student who is graduating in 2019 or later.
- Technology Industry professionals: A professional software engineer working in the industry or practicing web development.
- Persons who are (1) residents of Italy, Brazil, Quebec, or embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily reside in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs are not eligible to apply for the Women Techmakers & Chrome Dev Summit Travel Grant.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSery9kw5epkZLtVHMtyh67u3dk9T93ey8WujlSIZgp_DRk0lw/viewform
- Current Google employees, aside from interns, are not eligible to apply for this travel grant.
- Applicants must be available to attend the conference in its entirety, meaning they must be available to travel to the conference on November 12th-13th in San Francisco, California, USA.
- Each individual may reserve only one ticket.
- You may not register on behalf of anyone else.
- Chrome Dev Summit tickets must be used by the original registrant and are non-transferable
- Make sure to apply using the name that matches the ID of the government-issued photo you’ll be presenting when you check in to the event.
- All information entered into the registration form must be correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- All information must be entered in English.
- Some of the information provided (such as name and company), may be included on the Chrome Dev Summit badge.
- The Women Techmakers & Chrome Dev Summit Travel Grant will cover airfare or train fare to and from the conference and/or hotel up to $500 USD.
- Those applicants that are selected as winners will be put in touch with our travel agency partner.
- When travel is booked, the price will be reduced by $500 and the remaining balance will be paid by the applicant.
Complete the application by Monday, October 1, 2018.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com with “travel grant program” in the subject line.