Applications are open for the Wisden – MCC Cricket Photograph of the Year Competition organized by Wisden and Marylebone Cricket Club. The competition is open to all photographers, amateur or professional from across the world.
Images can be from anywhere in the world, and there is no restriction on the subject matter as long as it has a cricket theme. Action shots, landscapes, portraits, images of dramatic or aesthetic appeal all are equally welcome.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Open to all photographers – amateur and professionals – from across the world.
- It remains free to enter, with the only stipulations that entries must have been taken during the year of the competition, and have a cricketing theme.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://www.lords.org/mcc/the-club/photo-of-the-year/enter-the-2018-photo-of-the-year-competition/entry-form-2018
- Each file must not exceed 9MB.
- Up to three (3) images may be submitted, but these must be entered individually.
- Eligible images
- All photographs entered must have been taken in the 2018 calendar year and should demonstrate the skill and artistry of the photographer.
- Images can be from anywhere in the world, and there is no restriction on the subject matter as long as it has a cricket theme. Action shots, landscapes, portraits, images of dramatic or aesthetic appeal all are equally welcome.
- All photographs entered must be free of any third party restrictions regarding their use and publication.
- Labeling images
- Files should be submitted as FAMILY NAME and _1 or _2 or _3 e.g. SMITH _1.
- Full caption details must be supplied via the online form and include the location and date on which the picture was taken.
- Please ensure that included in the EXIF file information are the technical details including but not limited to the camera used, lens, exposure and shutter speed.
- MCC and Wisden, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agents cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem which may result in an entry not being properly registered or received.
- Each entrant may submit up to three (3) different images. However, they must be taken between 1st January and 31st December 2018.
- Format: images must have been taken at a sufficiently high resolution and should be submitted as JPEGs at 300dpi with no interpolation applied. No tiffs, bitmap or raw images will be accepted.
- Calibration and color: images must be color profiled/corrected before submission. Allowances will NOT be made for poor color profiling/correction. Please ensure your images are not over saturated and faithfully represent the subject matter.
- Adjusting your image: the faithful representation of what was captured at the time of the shot being taken must be maintained.
- Digital adjustments are only acceptable if limited to minor cleaning work (removing dust spots), levels, curves, color, saturation and contrast work.
- Sharpening and minimal cropping are
- Compositing, sandwich shots and double exposures are not permitted.
- Adding or removing distractions, items, people etc. into/from the image is not allowed. Pictures that have been digitally manipulated in breach of these Terms and Conditions are not eligible.
- A shortlist of eleven entries will initially be chosen, from which a winner and two runners-up will be announced.
- First prize will be awarded £2000,
- Two runners-up will each receive £1000, and
- The eight other shortlisted entries will get £250 each.
- In addition to the cash prizes, the top three photographs will feature in the 2019 Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack, and all of the shortlisted entries will be exhibited at Lord’s throughout next year.
- The top three will also receive their own copy of the Wisden Almanack.
The closing date for entries is Friday, January 5, 2019 (23.59 GMT).