Applications are open for the Wired Creative Hack Award 2018 to provide an opportunity for the next generation “human resources,” who are to lead the future of the Japanese creative industry to the next step.
Submissions accepted from people of any age, gender, and nationality. Established in 2013, the Creative Hack Award is an annual award for next-generation creators, who value ambitious vision and think beyond the borders of countries and regions.
The purpose of this award is to stimulate people engaged in creative work to reconsider what traits are desired for a creator, and in what areas creators should take the lead in the future.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Any age, sex, or nationality submissions are accepted.
- Submissions accepted from people of any age, gender, and
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://hack.wired.jp/en/entry/
- Works that were already made public in other awards but have not won are permitted.
- Any works that were created for the purpose of campaigns, ads, commercials or other forms of promotion are not permitted.
- Submit a PDF or moving image through the required forms online. do not submit your work via postal
- They request that entry files be kept to under 100 MB.
- There is a limit of 5 entries per individual or group.
- We also accept videos uploaded on YouTube, in which case set it to “privately shared” and insert the URL into the online form.
- Each finalist will receive a supplementary prize consisting of a “one-day use ticket” to TechShop Tokyo (equivalent to ¥4500 – excluding tax)
- One “SBU ticket” (equivalent to ¥5000 – excluding tax) for a total prize (equivalent to ¥9500 – excluding tax).
- Grand Prize ( 1 Applicant ): Sony “α7S III” interchangeable-lens camera with “FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM” lens and WACOM Pen Display Wacom Cintiq Pro 16
- Second Prize ( 1 Applicant ): Sony “α6500” interchangeable-lens camera with “Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS” lens and WACOM Pen Display Wacom Cintiq Pro 13
- Special Prize ( 3 Applicant ): Sony “Xperia Touch” a portable smart projector with Android (TM) OS and WACOM Pen Tablet Wacom Intuos Pro M
- Public Prize ( 1 Applicant ): Sony Headphone and WACOM Pen Tablet Wacom Intuos Pro M
- SONY Prize ( 1 Applicant ): Sony Digital still camera “RX0”
- WACOM Prize ( 1 Applicant ): WACOM Pen Tablet Wacom Intuos Pro M
The application deadline is September 28, 2018.