Established in 1793, Williams College is private, residential, and liberal arts, with graduate programs in the history of art and in development economics. Williams has about 150 student organizations on campus. 96% of students are involved in at least one extracurricular activity. The college meets 100 percent of every admitted student’s demonstrated financial need for four years.
Williams College provides undergraduate instruction in 25 academic departments and interdisciplinary programs including 36 majors in the humanities, arts, social sciences, and natural sciences. There are three academic divisions that encompass 25 departments, 36 majors, and several concentrations and special programs.
With 17.6% Williams College acceptance rate, It is a very highly competitive College in the United States. As of 2017, the school has an enrollment of 2,042 undergraduate students and 57 graduate students. There are 349 voting faculty members, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 7:1. The undergraduate enrollment is approximately 2,000 students.
What GPA do you need to get into the Williams College?
If you’re a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change from this point on.
- The average GPA at Williams College is 4.04.
- This makes Williams College Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 4.04, Williams College requires you to be at the top of your class.
Williams College SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
What is a good ACT score for Williams College?
- The average ACT score composite at Williams College is a 32.
How much does it Cost to go to Williams College?
Budget determination, then, includes the comprehensive fee as well as:
- Books (estimated at $800 per student, but we cover the full actual cost of all required books for financial aid students for the fall and spring semester(s) when in residence)
- Travel (estimated cost of two trips per year between campus and your home – at the beginning and end of semesters)
- Personal expenses (estimated at $1,800 a year, this includes the cost of doing laundry, buying toiletries and incidentals, and taking part in various extracurricular activities)
- For 2018-19 the budget includes $7,350 in housing expenses for a 9-month period (September to May), which equates to approximately $817 per month for rent and utilities.
- Likewise, your budget allows for $7,150 for food or $794 per month.
What are the majors at Williams College is known for?
- The most popular majors at Williams College include Economics, Mathematics, English Language and Literature, Biology/Biological Sciences, and Psychology, General.
- Williams offers an almost entirely undergraduate instruction, as there are two graduate programs in development economics and art history.
- There are three academic curricular divisions (humanities, sciences, and social sciences), 24 departments, 35 majors, and two small master’s degree programs in art history and development economics.
How much is tuition at the Williams College?
2018-19 Comprehensive Fee
- Tuition: $55,140
- Board, room, & fees: $14,810
- Study away fee (as applicable): $1,500
Is Williams College a public or private school?
- Williams is a small, four-year liberal arts college accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Undergraduate admissions are highly selective, with an acceptance rate of 12.1% for the Class of 2022.
- Still, other opportunities exist for students to pursue emerging fields, take special classes, develop their own majors, and take part in experiential education or off-campus study.
- Williams was chosen by 37 other institutions as a peer with a similar level of academic quality, making it ranked 9th overall and 5th among liberal arts colleges.
- Williams ranked 8th among colleges and universities in the percentage of students who graduate in four years.
- The Board of Trustees of Williams College has 25 members and is the governing authority of the College.
- Williams College has had major updates or renovations of its athletic facilities during the past several decades.
What is the SAT score required for the Williams College?
- The average SAT score composite at Williams College is 1490.