The University of Michigan Library’s Special Collections Research Center invites applications for William P. Heidrich Research Fellowships. The program is open to support research projects that require the substantial on-site use of the Joseph A. Labadie Collection during the calendar year 2019.
These fellowships are open to the United States citizens and foreign nationals applicants who are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of application. The fellowships will provide funds for on-site research on any topic that is supported by the Labadie Collection.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- United States citizens and foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- There are no academic requirements.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link: https://umichlibrary.submittable.com/signup
- The application must include:
- Project proposal (500 words or fewer) describing the research topic and why Labadie Collection materials are central to the work. be as specific as possible.
- Personal statement (500 words or fewer) to further support your application
- Two letters of support
- CV or resume
- Applications for support for all types of research projects — academic, creative, journalistic, etc. will be considered, and no specific credentials are required.
- $1,500 for a project requiring a residence of one week or more
- $3,000 for a project requiring a residence of three weeks or more
The application will close on September 28, 2018.