William and Mary is the second-oldest institution of higher education in the United States. Its professors are teachers, scholars and research mentors, the cornerstone of a thriving intellectual community that produces experienced, engaged, successful graduates. It is 687 full-time faculty members across all undergraduate, graduate and professional programs.
The university has more than 40 undergraduate programs and more than 40 graduate and professional degree programs. Degrees Conferred: B.A., B.B.A., B.S., Ed.D., J.D., LL.M., M.A., M.A.C., M.B.A., M.Ed., M.P.P., M.S., M.S.B.A., and Ph.D. Its Programs in Arts & Sciences and our four graduate/professional schools: Business, Education, Law, and Marine Science.
With 34.5% William and Mary acceptance rate, It is the most selective University. At the William and Mary have 6,285 undergraduates and 2,455 graduate students. Approximately 50 percent of students study abroad at some point in their undergraduate career, in more than 60 countries each year.
What GPA do you need to get into William and Mary?
- The average GPA at William and Mary is 4.19.
- This makes William and Mary Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 4.19, William and Mary require you to be at the top of your class.
Are William and Mary an Ivy League school?
- W&M ranked 5th for “best undergraduate teaching” in the 2019 U.S. News & World Report rankings, above the private Ivy League colleges at Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Cornell, Brown and the University of Pennsylvania.
- They’re a “Public Ivy” — one of only eight in the nation — offering a world-class education at an exceptional value.
- Its students are not only some of the smartest in the world but passionate about serving others and serious about having fun.
William and Mary SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
What is a good ACT score for William and Mary?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into William & Mary?
- The average ACT score composite at William and Mary is a 30.
How much does it Cost to go to William and Mary?
Exact costs will vary based on a student’s status, room and board selections, and course of study. View a detailed (per semester) tuition and fees break down.
|Room & Board||12,236|
|Books, travel, and incidentals||3,589|
|Room & Board||12,236|
What are the majors at William and Mary is known for?
- The most popular majors at College of William and Mary include Social Sciences, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies, Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, and Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies.
- The college has a strong undergraduate arts & sciences focus, with a select number of graduate programs in diverse fields ranging from American colonial history to marine science.
- William & Mary offers exchange programs with 15 foreign schools, drawing more than 12% of its undergraduates into these programs, and receives U.S. State Department grants to further expand its foreign exchange programs.
How much is tuition at William and Mary?
Tuition and Fee rates for 2018-2019
Undergraduate Student rates – Amounts are PER SEMESTER
Entering 2018-2019 [IN-
Entering 2018-2019 [IN-STATE]
Tuition per credit hour
Are William and Mary a public or private school?
- William and Mary is the highest-ranked national university for placement of its graduates in public or government service according to Washington Monthly Magazine.
- The College of William & Mary is a medium-sized, highly residential, public research university.
- The focal point of the university is its four-year, full-time undergraduate program which comprises most of the institution’s enrollment.
- The college offers four academic programs in its Washington, DC office, an undergraduate joint degree program in engineering with Columbia University.
- William & Mary are committed to ensuring the quality of its undergraduate teaching experience.
What is the SAT score required for William and Mary?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to the College of William and Mary?
- The average SAT score composite at William and Mary is 1430.