The Charitable Trust Future Global Leaders Scholarship program is available for undergraduate and graduate students. The study program is to support graduate and undergraduate women studying international trade who show promise as Future Global Leaders.
The mission of WIIT is to promote the professional advancement of women in international trade and business and to promote public awareness of the importance of international trade for economic development.
Who May Eligible
To become an eligible candidate, a student must fulfill the following:
- Applicants must identify as female and be currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. university or college, either full-time or part-time.
- Applicants must be Junior or seniors in undergraduate or enrolled in graduate studies.
How to Apply
The procedure of applying for the scholarship application, students need to choose one of the below prompts and provide a complete, well-crafted response in no more than 1000 words.
- Select one U.S. industry and assess how it has been affected by trade with Canada and/or Mexico since the North American Free Trade Agreement entered into force 25 years ago.
- Provide your analysis on the effectiveness of a current U.S. trade agreement with respect to U.S. trade policy goals.
Selected winners will receive $1500. In addition to a monetary award, each scholarship winner will receive:
- One full year of personal mentorship by a WIIT Trust or WIIT member.
- One full year of membership to WIIT.
Application Deadline: Application deadlines are April 1st and October 1st of every year.