The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is providing the “Postdoctoral Scholar Program” for the year 2020. The award is open for those students who are studying in the fields of chemistry, geology, geophysics, physics, and biology as well as oceanography.
The award program is designed to further the education and training of the applicant with primary emphasis placed on the individual’s research promise. The recipients will get enormous funds through the program to support their future studies.
The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution was built in 1930 in Woods Hole, Massachusetts. It is a private, nonprofit research and higher education facility dedicated to the study of all aspects of marine science and engineering and the education of marine researchers.
Who May Be Eligible?
To receive the scholar program, the beneficiary must be:
- New or recent recipients of a doctoral degree with interests in the oceanographic sciences or engineering are eligible.
- Usually, scientists with more than three to four years of postdoctoral experience are not considered suitable for these awards.
- PostDoc whose research is in an area of common interest between USGS and WHOI Scientific Staff.
How to Apply
All the participants can either send their applications through mail to Academic Programs Office, Clark 223, MS #31, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, 266 Woods Hole Road, Woods Hole, MA 02543-1541, Phone: (508) 289-2950 or via email:firstname.lastname@example.org o get consideration.
- A current CV or resume that shows the educational background and work experiences;
- A brief synopsis of the applicant’s doctoral dissertation (one-page abstract);
- A minimum of three non-WHOI recommendation letters (You must ask your reference writers to submit these letters on-line.
- A concise statement (no longer than three pages double-spaced) describing research interests, the applicant would like to pursue at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, as well as more general career plans and how a postdoctoral tenure at WHOI would complement your existing experience
Successful applicants of the program will get to receive the following:
- Awardees of the 2020-2021 awards will receive a stipend of $61,200 per year for an 18-month appointment, plus relocation and health and welfare allowances.
- Limited support is also providing for travel expenses, equipment, supplies, and special services.
The deadline for submitting the applications is October 15, 2020 (Midnight EDT).