The GRE subject test is a type of test entirely different from the GRE test. The GRE subject test is the type of test that measures your knowledge of a particular field of study. It measures your achievement on a distinct subject, which mostly gives you the advantage of standing out among other applicants by having more knowledge and more skill level in a precise area. If you are very proficient in a particular field of study, applying for the GRE subject test should not be a problem for you because you got it covered with your achievement.
The GRE Subject Test Consists Of Several Six Subjects That Are Offered, Which Are:
3.Literature in English
Each subject has a specific skill they focus on, which is;
- For Psychology, the measurement of knowledge and skill on cognitive psychology, biological psychology, social psychology, clinical psychology, and developmental psychology.
- For Biology, the measurement of knowledge and skill will be on molecular biology, cellular biology, organismal biology, evolution, and ecology. However, molecular biology tests and cell biology were cancelled in 2016.
- For Literature in English, the measurement of knowledge and skill will be on classical literature, continental literature, comparative literature, American literature, and British literature.
- For Mathematics, the measurement of knowledge and skill will be in algebra, calculus, discrete mathematics, statistics, and geometry.
- For Physics, the test measures the knowledge and skill in thermodynamics, statistical mechanics, wave phenomena, optics. And more on quantum mechanics, classical mechanics, atomic physics, electromagnetism, special relativity, particle physics, and nuclear physics are specialized topics.
- For Chemistry, it measures the knowledge and skill in inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, analytical chemistry, and organic chemistry.
The GRE subject test registration can be proceeded online or through the mail, which is both convenient and flexible. Which could be from the comfort of your home, your workplace, or any place you decide on doing it from. You don’t have to go into the trouble of searching for an address to go for registration. What more could you ask for?
Every graduate program does not necessarily require the GRE subject test, and it is not also a compulsory test to go through. However, it has great significance and will have an impact on you in positive ways.
In preparation for the GRE subject test, there are resources and books available to help you through. Having all these will grant you more access to practice for the GRE subject test. You can also go through test questions all while preparing, which will make you accustomed to answering questions and at the same time knowing where your weaknesses are [in the form of where you got the answers incorrectly.
Like some tests/examinations that happen once a year or every month, the GRE subject test is offered three times a year, in September, October, and April.
The acceptance/approval of the GRE subject test is by a lot of graduate schools. They are accepted worldwide by different institutions. You would have the chance to choose whichever one you want.
The GRE subject test will help you in a lot of ways. Just think of it as a bonus. It will help boost you up and help you have better chances among other applicants because you have a distinct skill and knowledge in a particular field of study. Sometimes people think when a test is not necessary, why go for it, right? It will probably be a waste of time. It might not be what has been said about it. A lot of all that negativity should not be able to stop you from achieving something of greatness. No matter the outcome, you at least gave it a shot.
Studying for the GRE subject test will not be a very challenging thing to go through because you are already familiar with it. You have been privileged to be knowledgeable in that field of study. It is just like growing up in a particular village and leaving the village after growing up. When you come to the village next, you are already familiar with their ways because you were once living there. It will not be challenging for you to adjust to the villages’ all too known ways and culture. It is that simple to explain, and it will be that easy to take the GRE subject test.
The mode of scoring the GRE subject test is not different from how most test scores are recorded. It all depends on how many questions you answered correctly. The number of questions you answer correctly is what will determine your score. If, for example, a question is answered incorrectly, your scores will not be subtracted, it will not affect your scores. It will just be there as an incorrect answer without any consequence—just a wrong answer without a score. After determining what questions you answered correctly and how many of them were answered correctly, you are scored, which will later be decided after converting them through equating.
The GRE subject test is given at paper delivery test centers worldwide three times a year. When the GRE subject test is written and the scores processed, your results are sent to you via email. The score reports will be mailed after five weeks from taking the test.
It has been pointed out what to expect and what not to expect for the GRE subject test, and when weighed, advantages that come with the GRE subject test is of vital significance. You might have a change of plans in the future and will be glad you took your time to take the GRE subject test. Look at it like planting a particular fruit seed. The seed will turn into a tree that produces fruits.