When choosing what degree to pursue in college can be difficult, given how many options and potential career paths there are to take. As a degree can usually cost a lot of money, you want to make sure you’re making the right choice for a stable future. If you like sports medicine, health, wellness, fitness, and nutrition, then choosing to get an exercise science degree may be a great option for you. Students with a foundation in exercise science can work in many sorts of jobs, like instructing or individual training. While some exercise science jobs might require a graduate degree, for example, an alignment specialist or kinesiologist, there are numerous different positions you can get with a bachelor’s college education around here. In the event that you’re keen on wellness and appreciate helping other people arrive at their wellbeing objectives, you might need to look further into the positions you can get with a bachelor’s degree year in exercise science.
1. What Is an Exercise Science Degree?
Exercise science is the investigation of how the human body develops; its wellness, life span, and comprehensive wellbeing are all connected.
In a period where many people depend on a conventional doctor, when they are not feeling good, exercise scientists can help. That is on the grounds that while the headways in medication can assist individuals with healing, they don’t consistently get to the foundation of the issue or assist with people’s overall lifestyle.
With an exercise science degree, you can get familiar with the abilities and gain the experience important to investigate and find out with regards to the underlying and practical changes that happen on different physiological and biological levels and how you can assist them.
2. How Can an Exercise Science Degree Help You?
Graduates with a bachelor’s degree in exercise science will be prepared to work in a variety of positions, from entry-level to mid-level. They can also pursue a number of different jobs in the healthcare industry or corporate wellness. The median annual income for those in the entertainment and sports industry is around $47,000, and BLS projects that employment in this industry will grow by 22% by 2030.
If you want to pursue a career in health and fitness, an exercise science degree is an excellent choice. Many of these positions require a master’s degree, but the salary is higher, and the job outlook is generally better. A bachelor’s degree in exercise science will equip you with the practical knowledge needed to succeed in a number of non-healthcare jobs. In addition to the above careers, graduates can also choose to go to graduate school.
The benefits of a career in exercise science are numerous. Not only will you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of your clients, but an exercise science degree will also give you the flexibility to work with different hours. You can be your boss and have a flexible schedule if you want. You can also work for yourself and start your own business. The options are endless. You can be your boss and set your hours.
3. Degree Options in Exercise Science
1. Associate degree
An associate degree in exercise science is a two-year degree that will give you the basics of this science and what you want for practicing exercise science and might be to the point of opening up jobs to do a task in wellness or other section level positions in the exercise science industry.
A few examples of associate degrees in exercise science are:
- Associate of Science Degree in Exercise Science
- Associate of Applied Sciences in Exercise Science
2. Bachelor’s degree
A bachelor’s degree in exercise science is a four-year degree where you will take more human sciences and science courses than you would with an associate degree. You may likewise have the option to take more active courses, and like any four-year college education, you’ll be a more beneficial competitor than the individuals who just have an associate degree.
A bachelor’s degree in exercise science will prepare you to work in an entry-level position in the fitness industry. This degree will involve more core liberal arts and sciences and require you to complete a senior-year internship or research project. Some employers may require that candidates have a bachelor’s degree when applying for these positions. The bachelor’s degree in exercise science will ensure a well-rounded education, but do not expect an abundance of full-time jobs after graduation.
With a bachelor’s degree in exercise science, you can begin your career as an assistant in a fitness center. However, most employers prefer a bachelor’s degree, which is important for securing a high-paying position. You can also work as a health care provider if you have a bachelor’s degree in exercise physiology.
3. Graduate degree
To proceed with your studies, you can acquire an advanced education which is a post-graduate or master’s degree in exercise science. This might be more proper to become taught in a particular area of activity science and need to proceed to show the subject or be qualified for a senior managerial situation in fitness or potentially wellness. If you’d like to work in the healthcare field, you can pursue a master’s degree in the field.
4. A doctorate
A doctorate in exercise science will allow you to conduct research and study the theories behind these fields. You will conduct research, explore a variety of theories, and write your dissertation. A doctorate will give you the opportunity to pursue a career in medicine. While most people with a bachelor’s degree in exercise science choose to pursue a career in medical science, a doctorate is an excellent choice for those interested in pursuing a research-based career.
4. Popular Career Options in Exercise Science
The career options available with an exercise science degree are varied. Some graduates choose to become doctors, while others choose to work as exercise therapists. With an exercise science degree, you can pursue a variety of careers related to health and fitness:
1. Personal Trainer: Students who have done a degree in exercise science can work with clients individually and in small gatherings to help them achieve their personal fitness goals. A personal trainer assesses their customers’ present wellness levels and plans customized practice projects to assist them with working in explicit regions, like endurance, weight reduction, or flexibility. They screen customers to guarantee they perform practices securely and keep tabs on their development to assist with inspiring them to keep pursuing their goals.
2. Sports professional: As a sport and exercise science graduate, you can work as a sports professional in an exercise club or a health clinic. You can also work in a sports academy or a university’s sports science lab. Depending on your interest, you can choose a number of careers in this field. You can choose to work in sports, health, or fitness. Whatever your preference, you can choose to pursue a career in the field of exercise science.
3. Wellness coordinator: Wellness coordinators lead wellbeing drives and health programs for associations and organizations. They distinguish procedures to assist representatives with further developing their wellbeing and wellness, execute health programs and urge workers to take an interest. These experts plan wellbeing exercises, speakers, and classes for representatives to advance a solid way of life. They regularly work with insurance agencies on ways of bringing down an organization’s protection expenses through wellbeing and workout regimes. They screen the results of these projects to assess their adequacy.
4. Physical Therapy aides: They work as assistants work under the oversight of authorized actual specialists to foster consideration plans and treat patients. These experts work with patients who are recuperating from a physical issue, sickness, or medical procedure to assist them with further developing their developments and limiting torment. They help patients with restorative exercises, like strolling, exercise, or back rub. These assistants support actually authorized specialists by tidying up treatment rooms or gear and offering administrative help, for example, noting calls and hello to patients.
5. Health coach: A health coach works with people to evaluate their general wellbeing and recognize ways of further developing their prosperity. These mentors speak with their customers to comprehend their wellbeing objectives and foster methodologies to assist them with keeping a sound way of life. They assist customers with embracing sound practices by showing them exercise and nourishment. Wellbeing mentors screen their customers’ advancement and urge them to execute sound propensities, like slimming down, to assist them with arriving at their objectives.
6. Physical education teacher: Physical education teachers teach understudies in rudimentary or optional schools and lead classes to empower active work. They foster illustration intends to connect with understudies in sports and activities that can further develop their wellness levels. These experts show their understudy’s sustenance and actual turn of events. They screen understudies’ movement levels during the class to guarantee their wellbeing and security. Numerous physical education teachers likewise mentor school athletic groups and help understudy competitors further develop their capacities in a game.
7. Fitness manager: Fitness managers administer the everyday activities of an exercise center, wellness focus, or wellbeing office. They frequently deal with a group of fitness coaches, including recruiting and preparing workers. They urge planned individuals to pursue the office and recognize ways of holding existing individuals. Wellness supervisors plan week by week plans for the office and direct different wellness classes. These managers audit the office’s presentation measurements, like income and participation, to guarantee it’s working proficiently.
8. Exercise physiologists: The average salary for exercise physiologists in New York and Nevada is $74,000 per year, which is significantly higher than the national average. They represent considerable authority in how exercise can help an individual’s well being from reestablishing wellbeing to keeping a solid way of life. Acquiring your graduate degree in this field can likewise build headway open doors.
9. Massage therapists: Massage therapists give remedial massages to people to assist them with overseeing pain, calm pressure, or help with restoration. They use strain and development to invigorate the body’s muscles and tissue. Knead advisors work with their customers to give health suggestions and assess their customers’ advancement in specific regions, like unwinding or adaptability. These experts can have some expertise in a particular sort of back rub, for example, tasteful back rub, which advances unwinding, or clinical back rub, which can assist treat customers with ailments.
10. Occupational therapists: Occupational therapists help people regain movement and flexibility, making tasks easier for people who have physical restrictions.