- May 16, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Student Competitions
The WFEO Young Engineers/Future Leaders Committee is proud to host a Young Engineers Competition. The competition is looking for the best ideas and projects from young engineers around the world, who are progressing the UN Sustainable Development Goals through engineering.
Young engineers, under the age of 35 years by 30 June 2018, are invited to submit an article on their ideas or projects that they are currently working on and which help to achieve sustainable development.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Must be progressing the UN Sustainable Development Goals through engineering.
- Young engineers from around the world.
- Young engineers must be under the age of 35 years by 30 June 2018
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: http://www.wfeo.org/y-e-competition-form/?new=Fill+the+form
The program encourages young engineering leaders to submit papers and to present their ideas and perspectives on one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. The presentation must cover one of the following:
- Goal 1: No Poverty
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being for people
- Goal 4: Quality Education
- Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Goal 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Goal 13: Climate Change
- Goal 14: Life Below Water
- Goal 15: Life on Land
- Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals
- The best submissions (up to 10) will be published in a booklet, which will be released during the Global Engineering Congress (GEC2018) in London on 22 October 2018.
- WFEO is co-hosting this Congress with the Institution of Civil Engineers (U.K.) as part of its 50th Anniversary celebrations and the ICE 200 Years celebrations.
- The author of the best proposal will be invited to present their ideas during the GEC2018 conference in UK London on 22 October 2018.
- Economy airfares and two nights’ accommodation in London will be provided to enable attendance at this session, proudly sponsored by the Kuwait Society of Engineers
Deadline for submitting the paper is 30th June 2018 to allow for adequate time to compile submitted works and format them for the booklet.