- November 2, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Developing Countries, International Students, Scholarships
Western Sydney International is pleased to announce the Western Sydney International Bursary award to international students enrolling in undergraduate or postgraduate courses in 2019. The Bursary is valued at $3,000 and will be granted as a one-off contribution towards tuition fees.
The Bursary is available to applicants from the following nationalities: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand or Vietnam.
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible for the Bursary you must:
- Be a new international student commencing an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at Western Sydney in 2019, for the first time
- Be a first-time applicant, applying for admission to an undergraduate or postgraduate program after 20 August 2018
- Be an international student with a Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 500)
- Be a citizen of Bangladesh, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand or Vietnam
- Satisfy the academic and English requirement for the undergraduate or postgraduate degree you are applying to
- Accept your Admission Offer by the deadline.
- The Bursary is available for all CRICOS registered undergraduate and postgraduate degrees except the below:
- Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing (Graduate Entry)
How to Apply & Competition Rules
No application is necessary to apply for this bursary. All new applications for admission will be automatically considered for this bursary.
- Applicants are not eligible if you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia.
- Are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- currently, have an existing offer for study in 2019 (any intake)
- are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at Western Sydney University
- Are a cross-institutional applicant
- Are a foundation and diploma student studying at The College
- Are an applicant applying to study at Sydney City campus
- Do not commence study in the session and year indicated in their offer. Commencement may not be deferred
- Are awarded another scholarship by the University or another organization that covers the cost of tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University in 2019 (any intake).
- The Bursary does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with the study.
- Bursaries offered to students commencing study in 2019 are limited.
- Selection for each intake will be based on early acceptance by the published deadlines.
The Bursary is valued at $3,000 and will be granted as a one-off contribution towards tuition fees.
The applications Deadlines are below for the respective commencing session:
- Quarter 1 2019: 16 November 2018
- Quarter 2 2019: 4 March 2019
- Quarter 3 2019: 24 May 2019
- Quarter 4 2019: 16 August 2019
- Semester 1 2019: 12 December 2018
- Semester 2 2019: 21 June 2019
For further information or assistance email email@example.com