- December 4, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Student Competitions
The Western European Architecture Foundation (WEAF) is now accepting applications for the twenty-ninth annual Gabriel Prize competition 2019 in honor of French architect Jacques Gabriel, Founder of the WEAF. The Gabriel Prize grant for the study of classical architecture and landscape.
The competition is open to the candidates who are a United States citizen. The foundation will provide total a stipend in the amount of $20,000 is intended to cover all costs of travel and study.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidate must be a United States citizen.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://www.gabrielprize.org/apply-online-for-the-gabriel-prize/
- The winner shall agree to provide the following:
- One perspective color drawing (20″ x 30″) to be submitted to the European Representative for forwarding to the Foundation at the end of the first month of study.
- One perspective color drawing (20″ x 30″) to be submitted to the European Representative for forwarding to the Foundation at the end of the second month of study.
- One perspective color drawing (20″ x 30″) and a sketch notebook (approximately 8″ x 10″) to be submitted to the Foundation within two weeks of the completion of the third month of study
- The three perspective color drawings, as well as the sketch notebook, are to be delivered to the Foundation for reproduction at the Foundation’s expense.
- While the sketch notebook will be returned to the winner, the three perspective color drawings are to become the property of the Foundation with all copyrights attached.
- Access to such documents on the part of the Foundation and the winner is to be granted to respective parties involved upon written request at any point in the future following completion of the reproduction process.
- The Foundation reserves the rights to publish such documents with appropriate credit provided.
- A resume of experiences as an artist, architect, landscape architect, or student
- A letter describing the intended study, its scope and drawing media
- A tentative outline of the architectural compositions to be explored, with the understanding that it is to be reviewed by the European Representative
- Three current letters of recommendation, two of which are to be from persons familiar with the artistic skills of the candidate
- Examples of original personal work digitized in .jpg format (maximum 20) on CD or flash drive.
- Optional examples (five maximum) of original drawings not to exceed 8 1/2″ x 11″ g. A self-addressed, stamped envelope for return of the binder
- A French visa may be required for the period of study
- Stipend: A stipend in the amount of $20,000 is intended to cover all costs of travel and study for a period of three months to take place roughly between May 1 and August 1, a time when prevailing climate and travel conditions in France are at their best.
- The Stipend will be awarded as follows:
- $10,000 March 4, 2019,
- $7,500 following the completion of the first perspective color drawing
- $2,500 upon completion of the final assignment
Deadline for view binder submissions is January 14, 2019.