The Watermark Scholars program is an extension of our women’s leadership initiative, Women at Watermark, a technical women’s organization designed to encourage the growth of women’s leadership through lifelong learning and professional development, mentorship, and service.
We are offering two $5000 annual women in STEM scholarships for the fall 2021 academic term to support college students pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)-related studies and careers. The entry deadline is July 15, 2021.
Who Is Eligible for a Watermark Scholarship?
- U.S. residents enrolled at U.S.-based colleges or universities (2- or 4-year institutions)
- Identifying as a woman
- And with a sophomore/second year or higher standing currently enrolled in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) degree-granting program (undergraduate or graduate) for fall 2021 OR demonstrating plans to pursue a career in the field of technology after graduation
Note: Previous applicants who did not win are eligible to reapply for the 2021 scholarship.
How to Apply
We’d like to hear about who inspired you to pursue a career in science or technology and what you’re inspired to do! Write an essay OR create a video telling us about someone who has inspired you and what your professional plans include. Show us what drives you and what you’d like to accomplish – and don’t be afraid to get creative!
- Length: 500 words or less
- Format: Submit as a link (shareable Google Document) or PDF
- Length: 2 minutes or less
- Format: Submit as a link (shareable YouTube video or downloadable file via Google Drive)
After the deadline on July 15, 2021, our Scholarship Committee will read/watch all of the submissions and assess each against a common set of criteria, including quality of response, clear and proficient communication skills, and a polished presentation. We’ll select two award recipients and notify winners using the email address used to submit the essay or video.
You’ll have 72 hours to respond to accept the Women in STEM scholarship award. When we notify you, we’ll ask for proof of enrollment, your student ID, and the name and address of your institution so that we can coordinate delivery of your scholarship award.
Review the Official Rules here.