Washington University in St. Louis is one of the most selective and highly-ranked universities in the Midwest. It is made up of seven graduate and undergraduate schools that encompass a broad range of academic fields. Washington University in St. Louis’ mission is to discover and disseminate knowledge, and protect the freedom of inquiry through research, teaching, and learning.
The university offers international collaboration, research and learning opportunities that empower students, faculty, and staff to create global impact. They also offer more than 90 fields of study and 1,500 courses. It infuses global awareness into all aspects of education and supports innovative research and bold entrepreneurial activity around the world.
With 16.7% Washington University acceptance rate, students selected from more than 31,000 applications. 81 percent of students admitted were in the top 10 percent of their class. Their great faculties attract outstanding students. It creates an environment to encourage and support an ethos of wide-ranging exploration.
What GPA do you need to get into the Washington University?
- The average GPA at Washington University in St. Louis is 4.11.
- This makes Washington University in St. Louis Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 4.11, Washington University in St. Louis requires you to be at the top of your class.
Washington University SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
What is a good ACT score for the Washington University?
- The average ACT score composite at Washington University in St. Louis is a 33.
How much does it Cost to go to the Washington University?
Here’s the Cost of Attendance breakdown for Washington University:
Cost of Attendance
Tuition and Fees
|Room and Board||
Books and Supplies
What are the majors at the Washington University is known for?
- The university’s most popular majors are Anthropology, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Economics, English, Finance, History, Marketing, Mechanical Engineering, Political Science, and Psychology.
- Through its seven schools, they provide you with opportunities for in-depth study in a range of subjects and collaboration across disciplines.
- Virtually all faculty members at Washington University engage in academic research, offering opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students across the university’s seven schools.
How much is tuition at the Washington University?
- Tuition for the 2018-19 academic year is $26,200 per semester for full-time study. Full-time study is considered to be 12 to 18 units.
- If students enroll in more than 21 units per semester, they will pay additional tuition of $2,183 for each credit unit beyond the 21.
- The mandatory student activities fee is 1 percent of tuition; for the 2018-19 academic years, it is $262 per semester.
- This special fee may vary from year to year.
Is Washington University a public or private school?
- Washington University in St. Louis is a private research university located in the St. Louis metropolitan area and elsewhere in Missouri.
- Washington University creates an environment to encourage and support an ethos of wide-ranging exploration.
- Washington University’s faculty and staff strive to enhance the lives and livelihoods of students, the people of the greater St. Louis community, the country and the world.
- Its faculty and staff, deeply involved on campus and in the larger community, bring the university to life.
- Additionally, 19 undergraduate disciplines are ranked among the top 10 programs in the country.
What is the SAT score required for the Washington University?
- The average SAT score composite at Washington University in St. Louis is 1510.