Washington and Lee University is a colonial-era college and the ninth-oldest institution of higher learning in the United States. It provides a liberal arts education that develops students’ capacity to think freely, critically, and humanely and to conduct themselves with honor, integrity, and civility.
A Washington and Lee education combines the best aspects of both college and university life. The University offers 37 undergraduate majors and 29 minors, including a number of interdisciplinary programs. It also offers more than 1,100 undergraduate courses.
With 23.9% Washington and Lee acceptance rate, an admission in this university is very competitive. More recently, W&L reported a 23% selectivity rate for the Class of 2020. Academic resources for students extend well beyond the classroom.
What GPA do you need to get into Washington and Lee?
If you’re a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change from this point on.
- The average GPA at Washington and Lee University is 3.96.
- This makes Washington and Lee University Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.96, Washington and Lee University requires you to be at the top of your class.
Washington and Lee SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for Washington and Lee?
- The average ACT score at Washington and Lee University is 32.
- This score makes Washington and Lee University Strongly Competitive for ACT scores.
How much does it tuition & Cost to go to Washington and Lee?
2018 – 2019
|Health Services Fee||$250||$250|
|Student Bar Assn. Fee||$210|
|Law Living Expenses, Estimated||$15,125|
|Law Loan Fees, Estimated||$2,000|
|Standard Cost of Attendance***||$70,500||$69,480|
What Majors is the Washington and Lee known for?
- The most popular majors at Washington and Lee University include Business Administration and Management, Accounting and Business/Management; Economics, Political Science and Government, and English Language and Literature, General.
- Washington and Lee offer 40 undergraduate majors and 30 minors, including interdisciplinary programs in Africana studies, East Asian studies, Education and Education policy, environmental studies, Latin American and Caribbean studies, Middle East and South Asian studies, poverty and human capability studies, and women’s, gender, and sexuality studies.
- A Washington and Lee education combines the best aspects of both college and university life.
Are Washington and Lee a public or Private school?
- Students enjoy small classes and close relationships with professors while choosing from a remarkable variety of majors and minors, courses, and in-depth study opportunities–a spectrum of options usually found only at large universities.
- The University prides itself on the depth and breadth of their curriculum, in which traditional liberal arts courses are augmented by offerings from the only fully-accredited business school and fully-accredited journalism program among the nation’s top-tier liberal arts colleges.
- Washington and Lee prepare its students to meet this daunting set of challenges through programs that educate and nurture strong leaders, visionary thinkers, compassionate citizens, and ethical decision makers.
What SAT score is required for the Washington and Lee?
- The average SAT score composite at Washington and Lee University is 1450.