Warming Huts v.2019 is pleased to announce Warming Huts: An Art & Architecture Competition. The competition is open to all architects, students of architecture, landscape architects, interior designers, artists and industrial designers who have a proven portfolio of design work.
Warming Huts is an open competition, supported by the Manitoba Association of Architects. The budget for the creation and construction of each project is $16, 500 (CAN). Up to $1,000 is available for accommodation expenses and up to $ 2, 500 is available for airfare.
Winning entries will be placed along the Red River Mutual Trail located on the Assiniboine and Red rivers in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- This call for entries is open to all architects, students of architecture, landscape architects, interior designers, artists and industrial designers who have a proven portfolio of design work.
- It is the intention of this competition to foster and encourage the formation of multi-disciplinary teams.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link: https://www.warminghuts.com/competition/current-year
Competition Format: Warming Huts + Art Installation
- Teams are asked to login into the competition site at: warminghuts.com
- Teams are required to register by following the prompts at www.warminghuts.com/login.
- The unique registration number must be clearly located on each page that is submitted to the competition.
- The entries must be sent electronically as PDF files not exceeding 5MB each.
- Entries must be submitted in English.
- Entries shall include TWO (2) documents as follows:
- Design Proposal:
- Page One (11” x 17” or A3): Project Summary (include registration number)
– A 150-word text describing the concept and presenting the experience offered to the visitors
– The layout of selected images & drawings describing the project
- Page Two (11” x 17” or A3): Images & drawings (include registration number)
– Four main views or elevations of the hut indicating the size and specific indication of materials
(entrant is free to choose the scale)
– A perspective showing the hut in its entirety
- Team Information: Four (4) page maximum, (8.5”x11” or A4)
- Name of the project followed by your unique registration number (this number must also appear on each Design Proposal Sheet)
- Design team member names with a brief CV
- Name of contact person, including contact coordinates
- A 100-word description of the team, highlighting the strength of this multidisciplinary association
- Artist Information: Name, location, and date of recent publications, exhibits, or performances
- Architect Information: Name of Professional Association to which the architect or intern member is registered
- Four images of selected projects for which team members have been responsibly followed by a brief description of each project
- This information will be withheld from the jury until the final selection of winners. It will only be used to verify that winning teams include artists and registered architects or interns
- Proposals may be presented as part of an online exhibition.
- By taking part in this call for proposals, entrants authorize Warming Huts: Art & Architecture Competition on Ice, to make public, exhibit and disseminate their proposals.
- The budget for the creation and construction of each project is $16, 500 (CAN).
- This budget is divided in the following fashion:
- up to $3,500.00 for the designers’ honorarium
- up to $7,500.00 (including taxes) for the purchase of materials and/or the employment of consultants necessary for the realization of the project. This budget is managed jointly by The Forks and the designer
- up to $4,000.00 for labor costs for the construction of the project
- up to $1,500.00 for Construction Management conducted by The Forks
- Up to $1,000.00 is available for accommodation expenses and up to $2,500.00 is available for airfare. All travel expenses are only applicable to foreign teams.
The deadline for submission is Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 2:00 pm CST.