Are you Planning to Pursue your post-secondary education? Texas TRIO Association is very curious to announce the Walter O. Mason Education Foundation & Matthew W. Taylor Scholarship to all the graduating high school seniors. Who are members of the Texas TRIO Association and worked or having knowledge as program director. The process of this scholarship has been kept simple for all the students to enjoy its incredible benefits. The selection of the award will be made based on the student’s academic performance and membership.
The mission of the Texas TRIO Association is to push the students towards the stair of success and encourage each individual for acquiring higher education. The association is concerned about the future of the students with a lack of financial support. Keeping such students in mind, the association has launched this scholarship for students in need and worthy of being supported.
Texas TRIO Association is working whole heartily for helping the students and supporting them in various ways. Texas TRIO Association understands that completing education is complex and parallelly important considering students’ expenses. For helping them adequately with their needs, these scholarships have been initiated; Texas TRIO Association is having a terrific view towards the higher qualifications of students. The association is willing to the initiative to improve the career of the eligible students for better life opportunities.
Please go through the table below to know more about the scholarship;
|Organization||Texas TRIO Association|
|Educational Level||Graduating senior or postsecondary|
|Number of Awards||Varies|
|Application Deadline||May 1, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Students are requested to go through the eligibility criteria:
- Student must be graduating high school senior of 2020-2021
- Students must have a cumulative GPA score of a minimum of 2.5 or a GED standard score of 2250 (450 average) or more.
- Applicants must be involved in TRIO as active participation for at least one year.
- The fellow must be enrolled for postsecondary education in an accredited institution.
- The applicant must be a program director.
How to Apply
Students must complete the application form, attach all the documents in one file in one pdf, and send it through electronic mode before the deadline. Kindly ensure the information offered by the student is valid. The organization will not accept late submissions. Please provide the data is which is valid.
Few Mandatory documents students need to submit are:
- Student must submit a Personal statement (topic and requirements are mentioned in the application)
- Applicant must submit an essay on the topic:
- An essay that highlights Social issues occurring in Texas.
- The fellow must submit the Resume.
- Applicants must submit a copy of the first page of the 2020-21 Student Aid Report.
- Student must submit the latest transcript (unofficial transcript accepted)
- Fellows must submit Two recommendation letters (one TRIO staff recommendation)
- Applicants must submit the filled application.
The scholarship will help the student to accomplish their goal and reduce their financial stress. The scholarship will allow the students to dream of a better education. The scholarship should only be used for paying academic fees, tuition fees, and academic-related expenses.
All the applications are being accepted till May 1, 2021, so submit your application as soon as possible.