The Center for Architecture is receiving applications for its Walter A. Hunt, Jr. Scholarship program. The current New York City high school seniors who have been accepted to a 5-year Bachelor of Architecture program within the U.S are welcomed.
The purpose of the award is to provide financial assistance to outstanding students who fail to achieve higher studies. The grant amount is enormous and valuable to pay for any education and its relevant expenses.
The Center for Architecture serves to offer a wide variety of architecture tours for audiences, across New York City and beyond. It promotes understanding and appreciation of architecture and design by programs for K-12 students, families, and the general public.
Who May Eligible?
In order to be applicable for the scholarship, students need to follow the below criteria:
- Must be a current New York City public high school senior
- Must have been accepted to a 5-year Bachelor of Architecture program at a NAAB-accredited School of Architecture within the U.S
- Students at NYC Charter High Schools are also eligible
- Students at private, parochial or other schools where tuition is charged are not eligible
How to Apply
- A cover page that should provide student’s contact information and an application checklist
- Two Essays of maximum 500 words each
- Essay 1: Why are you interested in studying architecture?
- Essay 2: What building in New York City has inspired you? Describe what you find interesting about it and why it is meaningful to you.
- Must provide a portfolio of 3-4 pieces stating student’s visual art, design, or architecture work. Projects may be 2-D or 3-D.
- Must submit most recent high school transcript.
- Must provide proof of acceptance to a five-year Bachelor of Architecture program
- Must mention two letters of recommendation one from a teacher in their high school and another form the second may be from an employer
- The letters of recommendation must be signed and on letterhead.
The Single award of amount $10,000 per year for two years will be rewarded to a deserving student. The amount is adequate to pay for any study expenses.
The complete application should be submitted before 15th May 2020.